Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Internal hemorrhoids causing blood on stool  (Read 388 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Internal hemorrhoids causing blood on stool
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
So I have posted numerous times about my exterem life ruining fear if colon cancer that has been on going about 15 months now. I occasionally have bright red blood steaks on my stool. Always a small amount and not every tine. Maybe once a month or if I have 2 BMs a day (rare) back ground on me 26 year old female, 4 pregnancies in 5 years 4 vaginal deliveries, long time history of constipation and large diameter stools.
I am 99% sure I have internal hemorrhoids because they prolaps during BMs! They are very visible. I went went as far as taking a picture (in serious this has made me crazy) I saw a Gastro in January and she though it was hems but suggested a colonoscopy to calm my fears. I declined. In to scared. I spend hours crying thinking about Levine my husband and 4 children.
So my question is could this be my internal hemorrhoids simce I totally see them. I will refrain from sharing the picture and scarring everyone lol
I have zero other symptoms of CC and zero family history. My mom suffers from Hems and occasional blod on still for 30 years.
Please anyone else have internal hemorrhoids the prolaps and bleed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Internal hemorrhoids causing blood on stool
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »
I have cc fears too and have had for years (I'm 20). I also have blood every now and then when I go. Diagnosed with IBS last year. Think I have haemorrhoids too. Just today I've been stressing and checking myself - TMI but I've noticed that after I go, when I wipe there's yellow mucous. Sometimes it even happens without a BM. I checked with a camera like yourself and saw there's  yellow 'in there'. I posted a thread about it and several people said IBS/haemorrhoids. So yeah. I understand how you feel. And I've been getting blood for years, it still scares me sometimes but most of the time I'm just like 'oh' as it's happened so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I also have yellow (partials) around my anus but its never in the form of mucous or discharge
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:43:36 PM »
Colon cancer is one of the more treatable cancers out there.  And it's one of the few cancers they can cure you of if caught early.  While this is likely hemorrhoids, I wouldn't bet your life on it.  So, buck up and get it done.  Can you imagine the relief you will feel when it comes back negative for CA? 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
I agree with Shawn - get a colonoscopy! You will be so relieved after, you get your results right away (except any biopsies). I've had 2 of them and they aren't that bad. (I'm 36).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 05:27:30 PM »
I had a colonoscopy in feb that came back I have hems. I have the same kind of blood you are seeing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
I have both internal and external hemorrhoids.  I, too, get the occasional blood sometimes more than others.  I know it's due to pregnancies.  I've had five pregnancies.  Maybe once a year, I'll get a hemorrhoid flareup, too. 

I, personally, think that is exactly what you are experiencing.  Since they are internal, you don't know what might irritate one and cause the bleeding.  Sometimes straining too much while you are going can do that. 

Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 06:49:18 PM »
Thank you. Mine are also external but not thrombosed so no pain just itching. I have spent so much of the last 15 months sobbing over this. How often often do you notice blood? My scariest time was in November with a stomach flu. I had bad dirreah and after my third bout I was bleeding bright red blood with every bout of dirreah for about 6 hours. Also had clear mucous. That all stopped and since then its back to small amounts off and on usually with hard stool. No more mucous. My internals are pretty large and right at the opening of the Amy's. only visible while sitting on toilet and straining. I can see all the blood vessels in them. I also itch often.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:52 PM »
You know my story. I say get it checked. :) i know you are terrified since hearing my story but it was just a polyp that was bleeding. Get it checked. If it is a polyp, they get it out and you are done. I have had two and i am 23. Although not fun, the peace of mind is relieving. I also know you know that there is more to my story but its rare
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
Thanks brick.
Yes your story as TERRIFIED me (not your fault) I called my Gastro today actually and asked about a sig. They are calling me back. I'm terrified. I bawled after hanging up the phone. The fact I have had 4 back to back pregnancies, 4 vaginal deliveries, extreme constipation with my 4th pregnancy, nothing has ever progressed and I have completely viable prolapsing hemorrhoids makes me feel a little better but my HA and extreme "c woes" phobia makes this unbearable. My HA has been rueing my life since I was 12. They only time I am ok is when  pregnant because I am under constant care if my OB who I know and love!
My husband had a lesion found on his lung and googled and I knew he has lung cancer at 25. Turns out it was a nothing! I was a wreck during that time.
I am just beyond terrified to hear the results from
The scope. I don't think I can do it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 08:03:30 PM »
It's more than likely just hemorrhoids. And if it isn't you will get through it. You have four babies who will keep you going. Even if they were to find something, it doesnt mean it is a death sentence. Just like my case.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm scheduling the flex sig this week! I'm absolutely terrified and get nauseated thinking about her saying I have CC. I'm paralyzed with fear. Hopefully it's my Hems and I can get them treated.
Do you think after periodic bleeding for 15 months CC. Would have progressed to more symptoms like daily bleeding? It's still only maybe once every 2 months and I am visibly checking with a flash light. A normal person wouldn't even see it be use the streak is that small. I also am OBSESSED with checkingy hemorrhoids. It's seriously gross and I can't believe I do but today after a normal BM (zero blood) I had burning and itching so I checked with mirror and flashlight and my hem was bulges out when sitting on the toilet had a small drop of fresh blood. I wiped while sitting so hem was still exposed and there was a pinhead sized dot of fresh blood. After wiping I checked again and it was gone. There was zero blood on the stool. Trust me I checked
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »
No the bleeding would not necessarily have increased.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 04:15:32 PM »
Well then I have officially gone crazy and guess I need to start making plans for bad news
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:29 PM »
Haha you don't need to invite trouble sweetie. One, it sounds just like hemorrhoids. Two, if it is a polyp, odds are highly in your favor that it is benign. I had bleeding for six years. SIX. YEARS. And that polyp was not cancerous and it was bleeding.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: