Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just so fed up with thinking I have ca  (Read 133 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just so fed up with thinking I have ca
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:15:32 AM »
I feel so frantic inside.

About 2 plus years ago I was feeling around my ribs and noticed that on my right side of my rib cage on the side that one rib sticks out slightly more. I poked and prodded it constantly and hurt it so bad. I Spoke to my gp about it and she said she couldn't feel anything but I could get an ultrasound if I wanted. I just didn't want any tests. I had also had an abdominal MRI only 6 months before it so felt that that would have picked up anything major. Fast forward and I've noticed I'm getting aching in this area again. At first I thought it was my stomach but I actually think it's this. Now I'm terrified that it's cancer and I've left it all this time. The MRI was to check a cyst on my liver which I was told was benign. I had a follow up ultrasound 6 months later and no change. I'm now worried it's from this but surely almost 4 years later if I had liver cancer I would have known before now???!

Meanwhile I've also got this feeling like a need to pee only an hour after going. I don't have an infection but have been told I have a mild prolapse. I can't stop worrying its cancer pressing on my bladder.

I feel I'm riddled with it.  I feel so scared.

Please can anyone talk me down?
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just so fed up with thinking I have ca
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »
I'm at the top of a panic right now, so not sure if I can be great at talking you down, but I will offer this: I keep peeing too. And this just started suddenly.

I think when we panic, we pee. I experienced it once before and had to talk myself down by recognizing that pee symptoms caused by c-word don't just start up one day.

So if nothing else, know that peeing is totally an anxiety thing.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just so fed up with thinking I have ca
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
If you'd had cancer for this long, you'd certainly be a lot sicker than you are!  I know cancer is a scary thought but an MRI would have picked up on it, and the ultrasounds only showed a cyst - which are benign.  They wouldn't miss a tumor big enough to cause pain and symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: