Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Shoulder pain and lung cancer...scared  (Read 206 times)

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shoulder pain and lung cancer...scared
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »
My husband woke up Thursday morning with stabbing pain in his right shoulder that kind of went up into his neck.  He was in a lot of pain throughout the day and went to a chiro.  He slept on a heating pad all weekend. He says its a lot better than it was, but the stabbing feeling is still there. I am scared to death its lung cancer. Especially since his biological father passed of this. Will someone please talk me down. That's all that's going through my mind right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shoulder pain and lung cancer...scared
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
Was it sudden onset?  Maybe it's a rotator cuff injury. (it will hurt to life your arm above your head and will hurt to lay on that side. ) I only know that because a few weeks ago MY husband was complaining of that and HIS father had lung cancer and MOST men in his family! - plus he was a heavy smoker, so I looked things up and then questioned him about those things.  He's fine now.  I do think that there'd be a cough first rather than shoulder pain - pain is usually the last thing to come for cancers. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:07 AM »
I think it was sudden.  When he got home from work that night he said it had been stabbing him all day and he was in a lot of pain. He said it started in the morning. He could still lift his arm but he would wince when doing it. This weekend he was able to move it up and down and have full range of motion. I asked how it felt and he said it was better but could still tell it was there. I am too afraid to google, but I didn't think there had to be a cough with lung cancer. Maybe I'm wrong.  He was a smoker for years but has quit for 6 years. That's part of my concern too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »
I would think he probably did something - what kind of work does he do? And if it's not something like any type of construction or truck driver, does he go work out at a gym?  I seriously don't think it would come on suddenly AND be a stabbing pain.  And shoulder pain isn't a COMMON symptom of lung cancer. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: