Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shaking again....  (Read 210 times)

Offline introvrtd1

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
Shaking again....
« on: April 07, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »
 :( Not because of drinking.....Im over that.....Lately Ive been waking up with the shakes....havent been sleeping all that well either.....theres a nervousness and worry Ive not had in 20 years.

It usually gets worse if I dont get my exercise...(walking, calestenics, etc) and I often get pretty bad.

And the worry.......about the little things.....things that most ppl dont consider a big deal.....

I often go to bed pretty much around 9:30, 10pm, but I wake up as early as 2, 3am shaking a bit with a racing pulse and cant get back to sleep till around 4, 5am when its time for me to get up anyway....When that happens, Ill just get outta bed and pace the house in the dark, sometimes staring out the window watching the stillness of the night. Stray cats roaming about quietly in the night, is sometimes soothing to watch but at the same time is a bit creepy.

In addition to the shakes Ill wake up hot....so Ill get some ice water and douse my head. This helps a great deal as it calms me down a bit. Just when Im about dry, Ill douse my head again. Everyone in the house is still sleeping soundly so Ill turn on the tv and keep it at a low level...Cant watch the news because its so disturbing....so Ill put on the weather channel hoping for some pouring rain.....when thats not likely, Ill envy those who do get it...

Once Im up that early Ill just sit and drip dry till its time to get dressed and leave for work...once Im at work Its still very early in the morn....still dark....no one around for a couple hours so Ill turn on all the computers, make coffee, and just sit till folks start filing in....

Shortly thereafter Ill get really sleepy (great)....so Ill struggle with that all day at work......Once I get home that afternoon, The whole thing starts all over again.....IF...I skip my workout....If I manage to get my workout done....sleep comes much better and lasts pretty much thru the night....

Well.....thats my rant.....Just wanted to get that off my mind.

.......... :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shaking again....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:30:45 AM »
Hey intro,
It does sound like you have tons of nervous energy left over at the end of the day, you pretty much nailed it when you said if you do your workout etc you sleep better, obviously that work out burns off th excess adrenalin you've got floating around.... maybe at bedtime you could try taking a suppliment to help youo sleep right through, not sleeping tablets (unless your up for that) but melatonin works great and other herbal and over the conter remedies might just work. Bachs rescue remedy do a night time spary ( you spray it in on your tongue) It's made up of certain flowers etc that are known to have calming and with the night time one sedating qualities (obviously not sedating to the point of knocking you out but enough to calm you into a non waking sleep) the bonus with the Bachs stuff is its not limited to how often you use it, you can use it say an hour before bed then when you get in bed and if you wake in the night. If your not overly intersted in herbal road then maybe your Dr could give you something mild to help keep you asleep. You Don;t seem to have trouble getting to sleep just staying asleep and again if its a mild sleeping tablet you can take it as needed not every night maybe just on the nights you haven't worked out and know you wont sleep properly. You;ve probably heard all this before but I know from personal experinece that waking up in the middle of the night shaking and tremors etc are really irritating and after a few weeks/months of it happening a lot it can drive you absoloutly NUTS!!! I hope you can find a solution and i hope maybe you can try something to help.

On another note you do come into chat early in the moring and your 75% of the time not feeling great and really really tired, then your anxiety sometimes kicks in.... maybe taking a break from work (few days vacation time) and getting yourself into a routine of going to bed at a certain time getting up at the right time etc migh t help ease the work days and also let you enjoy sleeping in on your days off..... Burn out sucks and I personally don't wanna see you burn out due to lack of sleep and over working and just general crappy anxiety.

I hope you feel better soon and keep me posted on how you get on

Kitty xxxx  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline introvrtd1

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
Thanks Kitty,

Yeah I do the sleepytime tea and sometimes melatonin on occasion......the tea helps, but the best for me is that workout. Im at my worst in mondays bc its the time Im sleeping in all weekend but not getting much exercise.....just find myself sittin around the house all day.

I take sick days now and then... but its funny how Ill wake up earlier than normal then go back to bed round the time Id be heading to work....sleep deeply till round 10am and wake up feeling ok... but then I wont get to bed that night till much later.....say around 11pm 12, or even 1am....Sigh then Im all messed up for the next day at work.....

As for being on here very early in the morn.....I hate traffic so much that Ill come to work a few hrs early to avoid it....

Sigh....

So far Im just coping the best way I know how....
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 06:26:38 AM »
(((((hug))) I'm so sorry it's such a crap time it just seems to be dragging on and on for you and I know your work is important to you and hell I'd leave for work a few hours early to avoid rush hour cause i'd be in a panic in heavy traffic, I don't know what else to suggest to aid your sleep and make your waking hours more enjoyable and less tiring and I know when you havent had a good sleep cause you usuallly feel a bit sick to your tummy and such. Only thing i can think of is possibly Push yourself at weekends to work out literally make yourself do it, I don;t know if you see a therapist or a psych for some therapy but maybe that would be a good idea ?? I know you can definitly see a therapist who solely deals with sleeping problems where i am, so maybe it mght be an idea to see a sleep terapist?? I can;t really help much more than that except send huge hugs and hope your ok and maybe if you get into a solid routine the sleep will too??

Stay positive hunni could be worse you could be stark raving mad like me lmao xxx  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Tags: