Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Paranoid about Yellowstone caldera volcano  (Read 230 times)

Offline dogboy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Paranoid about Yellowstone caldera volcano
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:25:42 PM »
I heard recently that an earthquake happened there on March 30 that was the biggest one in 30 years, I was fine until I read further and found that there is higher helium emission there too. I live in Colorado which is very close, I've become so scared and I know that all these things are normal for the area but I can't shake the thought. I have gotten into an "any minute now" state of mind and I'm really anxious all the time, I basically really don't want to explode. God I hate the news. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Paranoid about Yellowstone caldera volcano
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:24 AM »
Think of how long people have lived in that area. Yourself included. You probably never noticed anything at all until you caught this article on the news and done a bit of reading. Before you were blind to the whole thing. It shows you what the mind can do. Take something that plays on a person's fears and really twist it into something much bigger. That is all that is happening. Nothing else at all. If you had no TV and never head the story that you heard you would go on living your life as normal. Just like other people do who live in the area and probably even closer than you do. If there was really something to worry about they would be knocking on doors telling people. All the news ever does is play on people's fears.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline pearlsdream

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • take root in the sun's pond, and rise at the fire
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »
Hey man,

I was very paranoid of yellowstone back around Christmas. In that time I learned a lot about volcanos and calderas. I live in Colorado too, and fortunately, that earthquake is insignificant, and still relatively small, I believe it was a magnitude 4 or so. The videos of bison running was just a clip of the bison doing what they do everyday, and they were in fact running into the park. All of these not so intelligent conspiracy folks got that video on a roll and the news used the earthquake and the video to make a story folks will want to look at. All the news articles debunked the eruption anyhow. The yellowstone caldera will not errupt for ions and there is nothing to worry about my friend. I get paranoid just as you do, I am paranoid of other things right now and also in hypervigilant get up and go mode.

Please dont worry. There is nothing to worry about.
Bookmark and Share
Weeping willow, wont you wallow louder?

Offline dogboy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »
Hey man,

I was very paranoid of yellowstone back around Christmas. In that time I learned a lot about volcanos and calderas. I live in Colorado too, and fortunately, that earthquake is insignificant, and still relatively small, I believe it was a magnitude 4 or so. The videos of bison running was just a clip of the bison doing what they do everyday, and they were in fact running into the park. All of these not so intelligent conspiracy folks got that video on a roll and the news used the earthquake and the video to make a story folks will want to look at. All the news articles debunked the eruption anyhow. The yellowstone caldera will not errupt for ions and there is nothing to worry about my friend. I get paranoid just as you do, I am paranoid of other things right now and also in hypervigilant get up and go mode.

Please dont worry. There is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your reply, I remember hearing something about bison but it seemed illogical and didn't concern me at all like the actual geological stuff did. I hate having to worry about things like this, but I guess that's part of anxiety :(. It'll pass in a few days, and then come back as something new, like it always does.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pto

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
the conspiracy folks believe conspiracies because they are conspiracies.
Theyll look for anything and any fact to the contrary they deny as misinformation. Everyone i know who thinks yellowstone is about to blow  usually believes in the illuminati controlling the world and chemtrails and all that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: