Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: First job but I have AVPD  (Read 166 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First job but I have AVPD
« on: April 06, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
By the end of the year hopefully I am employed for the first time. I don't want anything too major so I'll probably be doing something like working a register.

The problem is I have horrendous social skils, a mean speech impediment, and even worse social anxiety. I can barely buy things at stores because interacting with the people freak me out.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: First job but I have AVPD
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
This is only the start of the year. You have months to ready yourself. It is not something I would worry about as of yet. When out, always take a step back. Take a deep breath. Compose yourself. Do things at your own pace. Never let anybody rush you into doing anything. They are my main rules that I go by. I used to be the same when out. I simply slowed myself down. If it was getting done, it was getting done at my pace. If that meant speaking slower and making people wait, then so be it. It is in your hands. You can take full control over everything in your life. Just relax yourself up some. Slow the pace of things down.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: