Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Parkinsons?!=(  (Read 163 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Parkinsons?!=(
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »
Can GAD or severe depression/OCD (Hypochondria) really cause my left side to feel (and actually be slower) than usual?

It feels as if my left hand is uncoordinated and really slow. I have quite severe muscle tension in the hand (to the point of it affecting mobility), and my neurologist noted a tendency to a slight dysdiadochinesia (problems with rapid movements) and lack of manual dexterity. My fiancé on the other hand says she hasnīt noticed any changes.

My left foot also tends to be quite stiff (noticably stiffer than right), with reduced dorsiflexion and constant cramps. The Achilles tendon is stiff and the overall mobility is reduced, I also tend to lift my left feet less when walking.

I feel like every muscle in my entire body is stiffening up without any intention of relaxing. My neurologist, and other doctors, all seem to think that this is tensions and coordination disturbances due to GAD and Hypochondria (and depression etc) but I canīt see how it all correlates. How can only one side be affected by all of this?

They labeled me with somatoform disorder, but that canīt be the case since my symptoms are both (a) hemispherical and (b) too severe. Furthermore, somatoform disorders arenīt realy supposed to progress, and stay one-sided.

And to make matters worse, Iīve noticed that my arms swing irregularly (could be me overthinking that though).

All thing I can think of is that Anxiety et al canīt be causing my body to be more and more crippled by the day, and the only option remaining then is Young onset Parkinsons disease=(

This is literally driving me to the point of suicidal thoughts (and actual planning) for the first time in my life. Please help me...
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Parkinsons?!=(
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:13 PM »
Anybody? :(
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Parkinsons?!=(
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »
I have stiffness in areas too, also in left foot, arm,  too and have had lots of HA about it.

I clench a lot all day and even while I sleep.  May be a reason for me.
Anxiety can do so much on the nervous system and it can alarm us.

Do you notice if you clench up more in some body areas than others?  I do.

Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Tags: