Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Having a big anxiety attack, help appreciated.  (Read 129 times)

Offline workmanp

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Having a big anxiety attack, help appreciated.
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:55:10 PM »
Well, my dad was just recently diagnosed with MDS. That in itself has kind of really hit me very hard. I have been doing a lot of research on the disease and noticed that an early detection of MDS (and cancer in genreal) are LDH levels. Then, I remembered that I had an LFT and a CBC a few years ago  (3 to be exact) and seem to remember having a slightly elevated LDH level (it was 373). I never really thought much of it because the doctor didnt seem concerned at all and told me all my levels were normal. When I asked another doc they kinda gave me the same answer and said it was most likely from my drinking, but neither seemed too concerned? So I dug out my old test results and did some research and find that my LDH level was high, and that it can be a sign of cancer or heart attack (obviously wasnt a heart attack). I mean there were other reasons for high LDH like alcohol (I was a heavy drinker back then), and use of some drugs like aspirin, as well as physical trauma to the area (weeks before my LFT i would CONSTANTLY poke and probe my liver area to see if it was inflammed, so much that it actually became tender from so much poking). But obviously my first thought is cancer and now im freaking out because I could have been just sitting around for 3 years with undiagnosed cancer.  Over the past 3 years I ahve had no medical issues or anything but I still cant shake the feeling. I konw the only way to konw for sure is to go get another test but Im terrified. This coupled with finding out my dad has MDS is makign it hard to function. Any help would be much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lulululu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having a big anxiety attack, help appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »
im sorry for your troubles. what is mds?
Bookmark and Share

Offline workmanp

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having a big anxiety attack, help appreciated.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:08:58 PM »
Myelodysplastic Syndrome
Bookmark and Share

Tags: