Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Question for the ladies: Shorter/lighter periods?  (Read 108 times)

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
Question for the ladies: Shorter/lighter periods?
« on: April 06, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »
I'm 28 yo & currently trying to conceive but at the same time I've been under horrible stress in the last 5-6 months. I've had debilitating anxiety like every other day and the rest I've had just medium anxiety... There were very few days when I was relaxed at all...

I also noticed that my periods are beginning to be shorter and a bit lighter. Before December 2013, they lasted 6-7 days, then in December & January started to be 5 days, then in February & March 4 days and now in April I've had it for 2 days and it's already almost gone. It wasn't necessarily LIGHTER but it's much shorter!

Can stress be affecting my periods and make them lighter & shorter? Have you had any experience with this?

I've also started having occasional night sweats since November (also coinciding with the stress) & in January I've started having some hot flashes as well, but they seem to have pretty much disappeared in March.

I'm still ovulating every cycle (I chart my BBT so I confirmed it), I'm having my period regularly still...

Is this more likely stress-related or can it actually be early menopause?
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for the ladies: Shorter/lighter periods?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:47:34 AM »
I had similar symptoms for a while, but never did get to the bottom of them.  Hormonal, stress, medication side effect, just don't know, but I DO know that after a few months they went away on their own. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 05:56:54 AM »
I had similar symptoms for a while, but never did get to the bottom of them.  Hormonal, stress, medication side effect, just don't know, but I DO know that after a few months they went away on their own.

You mean they got back to normal? Or went away as in stopped having them altogether?
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 05:58:59 AM »
Oh, geez, I should've worded that better!  The weird symptoms - odd periods, hot flashes, sweats - went away.  My periods are still here and totally back to normal.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 06:04:41 AM »
Oh, good lol. Thank you!

That puts my mind at rest a bit, it's maybe my crazy cortisol levels having a big party in my body. I need to be Zen this cycle or I'll skip my next period altogether...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: