Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Still freaking out about one side of my face looking "off"  (Read 104 times)

Offline Mommyof4babes

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Still freaking out about one side of my face looking "off"
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:35:39 PM »
This all sounds so silly but I'm SO anxious that I can hardly do anything but sit here & search for answers.  I honestly feel like my eye looks lazy when I smile, my nose looks like it's caving in & now I feel like when I look at a picture of myself (took them with my phone) that it looks like my cheek bone is sunken in.  It's like my entire left side is different.  Could I seriously have something wrong?!  I don't feel weird (stroke) but my eyelid feels a bit heavy.  My husband thinks I'm nuts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Still freaking out about one side of my face looking "off"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »
Hm... Husband thinks your nuts, that means he doesn't see what you're seeing. When you think your wrist is broken, it's going to feel broken whether it is or not right? When people think they have atrophy in their thigh, they're going to think one is smaller than the other whether it is or not, but nobody else can see it.

My point is... People tend to see what they're looking for. You're looking for these things that aren't there. Your husband doesn't see it, and he sees you every day so he'd surely notice if there was something different.

For me, if I think my foot is tingling because I read it was a symptom of something, within minutes (sometimes seconds) it's tingling. You seeing these "changes" is no different. Look at yourself in the mirror now with an open mind. Is there really anything off?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Still freaking out about one side of my face looking "off"
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:06:07 AM »
Right if your husband doesn't see it it's not there just as AP151 said.  Last week my cheek was itchy and red and I could swear it was swollen, I'd smile and my left cheek would hit the bottom of my glasses - I was looking in the mirror and it appeared ALL puffed up!  I went and showed my husband and he said, "It looks like it always looks!"  I got closer, turned various ways and said, "It's swollen!"  He looked closer... "No it's not"   I then walked into my daughter's room and asked her, she just laughed and said, "You're nuts!  It's the same as it always is!"  I then just agreed to believe them...  well everything is back to normal (no redness, no itching... but when I smile my left cheek still hits the bottom of my glasses.)   My glasses must be a little crooked and I never noticed before - but with that, and it being red I "imagined" it puffy.  I think you are doing the same thing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: