Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Throat question  (Read 132 times)

Online playmaker093

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Throat question
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »
I've had tightness in my throat for months now. It's worse in the morning, when stressed,working out with a lot of head movement ie playing tennis, and when tilting my head back or side to side. Does this sound like a tmj problem, which I do have. Or thyroid/throat cancer like I suspect
Bookmark and Share

Offline rita1

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Throat question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:33:23 PM »
I have found that stress can cause all kinds of feelings in the throat and neck area.  At one time, I had a lot of problems with swallowing and severe post nasal drip in the throat.  Turned out it was all stress related - most probably due to health anxiety.  I went through similar fears that you are describing of throat or thyroid cancer.   Stress can cause us to tighten up and thus, creates all kinds of symptoms in the head, neck and throat area - often related to TMJ.  I was surprised to find out all the different symptoms that can result from TMJ.  It's hard not to worry about cancer (that's always my big fear), but there are so many other things that can cause what you are describing.  I hope that you are able to worry a little less - it's really hard when you have HA, but hope it helps to hear that these things can be stress, TMJ or both combined.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »
 I have tmj issues too! A couple weeks ago i started noticing serious swelling in my throat. My tongue even started feeling numb. I went to an ent and he found nothing to be worried about. He said acid reflux and stress can present pretty severe discomfort in the throat for extended periods of time
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 01:49:11 AM »
Sounds like globus sensation since you described tightness. I worried about this a couple if weeks ago until I learned it was textbook anxiety. Nothing to be concerned about.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Tags: