Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm so off balance Idk what to do  (Read 329 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm so off balance Idk what to do
« on: April 05, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
I'm so off balance it feels like someone is pulling my right ear and eye to the right. I keep having this happen after my jaw cracks, and it lasts for days. My right ear is very tender. I went to an ent who said she didn't see anything, I'm starting to doubt her observation, I know I have anxiety but whatever is causing this is excasberating my anxiety to the point where I don't wanna stand up for long. The thing that sucks is because I have social anxiety being there she thought it was anxiety related. It's really bothering me, idk like what kind of test they can do, I've read someone on here got some kind of test, I believe the person was on Prozac. I know something is wrong because if I put headphones on it seems to balance out my equilibrium. Any advice would be great, I have no option right now but to go to the e.r. Which they won't do anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm so off balance Idk what to do
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »
This is a longshot but 3 weeks ago I ended up in ER . . . I was feeling great, nothing going on, and all of a sudden, I was off balance, etc. .. . .. after 10 or 15 minutes when it did not clear and it was getting worse, well, I thought the worse and went to ER . . . after doing some tests including a CT scan (to rule out stroke), the ER doc said that it could be anything for a type of virus to something in my inner ear system, etc. He gave me a prescription for meds to help with the vertigo (it was 24/7 along with a feeling of carsickness) and told me to see my family doc which I did. Now, the meds took care of the severity of the vertigo although it did not get rid of it and I still felt car sick. Also the meds may be dopey and frankly stupid . . . after 10 days on the meds, I saw my family doc who also has a specialty in ears, nose, and throat . . . he did some tests and looked way too deep into my ear and told me that it appeared to be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) . . . apparently the crystals in the inner ear move out of whack and pressure the nerve endings, etc. He did a type of treatment (which invoked vertigo agin) but about 5 or so hours later, I had a decrease in the vertigo . . .all of this to say, that after a couple of treatments and at home exercises, I am about 85% better . . . doc says it is a matter of time and as long as I am getting better, then it was BPPV  . . .

Now, I am not a med professional, but you may want to ask your family doc if it is possible that it might be BPPV . . . I had a slew of bloodwork done to rule out everything you can imagine along with the CT scan . . . it is more or less a diagnosis by default but it seemed to be the right one for me . . . now, I don't know about the earphones, so I am out of my league there . . .I do know how disconcerting and scary this was for me, so I hope things get better for you quickly . . . .let us know how you are doing . . .take care, kc

Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:23:17 AM »
I just wanted to say I'm going through the exact same thing as we'll and I've been questioning everyone about this but can't get any answers please let me know what you find out. I've been to the drs and he brushed it off but I'm going to go back and demand answers. I don't even want to stand more than 5 minutes for fear of falling over
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »
I'll let you know, another concerning thing is why am I able to crack my jaw? lol..... Like I can almost like dislocate my jaw. What happens is I feel pressure in my head and my ears feel full, then I push up on right below my ear and my jaw snaps, I heard what sounds like a massive ping pong ball hitting my eardrum and the pressure goes away. But then I'm left with a headache and an overbite
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:00:11 AM »
I don't mean like a normal pop, no joke it sounds like a tree branch. All the ent saw and said was I have tmj
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:09:46 AM »
Sometimes I feel like once they ask " are you on medications?" And you answer yeah I'm on klonopin for example. They know immidiately you have anxiety and shift everything to it's anxiety. Sometimes I wish I didn't tell them I was on medication but I have to in case I ever had to be put on something for like an infection. I'm sure they can tell too that I'm anxious too. Idk its a miserable feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lewisrowezer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
You're going to be fine. A few weeks ago I was getting unbalance upon moving my head and vertigo. I actually went to hospital because of it. Turns out it was because of my prozac withdrawal and the stress got too much! If the doctor says you're fine then you're fine - accept the diagnosis :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: