Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I thought I was having a heart attack  (Read 190 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I thought I was having a heart attack
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »
I had just ate dinner, I was in my car when all of a sudden I started getting ill and had sharp pains in the middle of my chest; between my breasts. After a few minutes it became hard to breathe and I started freaking out. I just needed to be out of the car ASAP.

That was 20 minutes ago. My heart is still pounding but less so, I have a mild pain in the middle of my chest, I feel light, joint pain, and I feel a bit nauseous. I have a tension headache as well. I was gonna go to the ER but I decided to wait it out. There was no blacking out, vision troubles, pain in arms, etc. Was it a panic attack or...

This same thing happened in February.  I had finished dinner, taken a bath, and felt just fine. I was playing a video game when I got sharp chest pain and an inability to breathe. I went to the ER, my EKG was fine, and I felt normal after a while.

I don't know what's wrong. Nothing provoked the attack. Can it be stomach-related? I think just now I had gas stuck in my chest, though that doesn't explain the pain. Both times I've had stomach troubles around the period.. Lots of gas and gurgling. I'd like to believe this is anxiety related but I'm worried. If it is my stomach would IBS be causing this?  I'm trying to avoid imagining various illness that could cause gas to get stuck in my chest which suffocate me or heart attack like illnesses.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I thought I was having a heart attack
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:12:38 PM »
Pretty much everything you've posted on this forum points to acid reflux.  Go back on the Zantac or find something that works better.  Anxiety makes it a thousand times worse, at least for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
I feel fine right now. I have a headache but that's my normal lately; it doesn't hurt, just feels like a pressure. Alas the middle of my chest is still bugging me. I drank seltzer water so it can't be gas. Is there a muscle or bone there? It feels almost like a sprain. It doesn't really hurt, just feels uncomfortable.

I've been taking Zantac for two or three days now. I took one at 7 AM and another after coming back from my errands.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »
I keep on getting a pain underneath my right breast. I heard it's heartburn but shouldn't it, well, burn?

I've had the pains before - ever since February - and paid no attention. I figured it was gas or my breasts being too big. I've been getting a pain above my breast, near my armpit, but I assumed it was unimportant. I've been burping and burping a lot of liquid up today but that happened before.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: