Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Foot Fasciculations - WHY? Panicked  (Read 262 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Foot Fasciculations - WHY? Panicked
« on: April 05, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
I'm really starting to worry now. The twitching started in my right arm but then migrated to my left leg. Now I have fasciculations in my left foot that are quite frequent (10-20 times a day). What could be causing the ones in my foot? Sometimes I get a tickly feeling up my leg, I feel like it's stemming from my glutes or lower back. My left glute is really right and hurts to stretch. I get tingling in my foot sometimes but not in the last couple days because it's switched to tickling.

What is causing this!!! I'm praying for a pinched nerve and not *** or MS! Can a chiropractor locate a pinched nerve?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Foot Fasciculations - WHY? Panicked
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
Fasiculations without clinical weakness, atrophy and/or asymmetric reflexes is not ***.  The foot is the second most common place to get them behind the eyes.  10-20 a day?  That would be considered light for those with benign fasciculation syndrome.  Isolated fasiculations are most often benign but can be caused by thyroid, electrolyte abnormalities, Lymes etc.  If you can walk on your heels, walk on your tip toes, button your shirt, and speak normally I wouldn't worry to much about it.  With that said, it's always good to get a good examination and blood work.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »
One word: Anxiety!

Anxiety is the main root cause of muscle twitches. do i also get them? Yes! On the foot! sometimes on my arms, neck, legs, eyelid and even on my butt! and the tingling? Could it be you are just straining yourself? Are you wearing heels when you go out?
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Chappen

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:01:14 AM »
Hi, i found this on another site about fasculations in foot

Fasciculation potentials in foot and leg muscles of healthy young adults.
Van der Heijden A, Spaans F, Reulen J.
Source

Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University Hospital, University of Limburg, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
Abstract

The occurrence of fasciculation potentials (FPs) was studied in healthy subjects aged 18-25. In 25 males and 25 females 3 intrinsic foot muscles, the tibialis anterior and the gastrocnemius muscles on both sides were monitored with surface electrodes for 2 min periods. Only potentials with a peak-to-peak amplitude of at least 50 microV were counted. The number of FPs per minute (FPs/min) was significantly higher in the abductor hallucis (AH) and significantly lower in the tibialis anterior as compared to all other muscles (P < 0.001). Men had significantly more FPs in the AH than women (P < 0.05). In all subjects FPs were found in at least 1 AH. Cooling of the foot did not influence the numbers of FPs/min in the foot muscles. To study diurnal variation, all 5 muscles on both sides were monitored 3 times/day on 10 different days in another 10 subjects (5 males, 5 females). Only in the tibialis anterior did the number of FPs never exceed 3/min. In the other muscles considerable fluctuations were found, especially in the AH, where more than 100 FPs/min were occasionally recorded. In the course of the day a significant (P = 0.05) decrease in FPs/min was found for the AH muscle. In 8 subjects there was a significant correlation between the numbers of FPs in the left and right AH during successive recordings. This indicates that an, as yet unknown, general factor determines the fluctuations in numbers of FPs.

//Chapp :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »
I can be ALS...I mean, no athrophy, younger than 20y old...all points to that.

Also, it has some elements of MS since those benign fasciculations are just a myth.

I think you have both.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: