Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared I have brain tumor or bad disease. I'm freaking out. Need support please  (Read 828 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
At the beginning of February I started to feel off balance one night after I took shower and felt like I was gonna fall. And scared me and then started thinking it might be a seizure from playing racing games on the wii. I laid down and got ok. The next morning, I woke up and felt ok and sorry of this is too much info but I was on the toilet taking a bm and had to strain a little but and I felt some pressure in my head and then felt the off balance again. There was no spinning room or anything of that sort. Just felt like floor was moving underneath me.  But I did not panic. And later as I was sitting down on the floor I titled my head to write something and felt it again. When standing, of course felt more off balance even though my posture was fine if looking at me. So I thought maybe it was a sinus issue since the weather had been changing from snow to spring. I got some sinus Advil but felt no change. And could not see the dr since we were snow bound for a week so I got mucinex.

I did the worst thing and started googling the off balance symptoms and everything that came up was inner ear diseases and how they will mess up someone's life. Then I saw someone mention mdds and looked that up and that freaked me out cause it comes from motion such as boats, ect and I thought maybe all the racing games did this and now I'm going to be like this forever!

The next week came and got bad news when I was told I couldn't see my dr for many more weeks since she was booked up. So I made the appt and went to urgent care the next day. The dr checked my ears first and said they were full of wax and she wasn't able to see my ear drums and said that's probably your problem. So she had the assistant to irrigate them and i had little fluid behind my right ear drum so I thought maybe that was the problem and even after her seeing the fluid, she didn't check my sinuses. Gave me nasonex and that was that. I did have to return next day to have my left ear finish cleaning since it was still full of wax.

After that day, is when it all got worse. I started feeling the off balance more bending over while standing and it scared me so bad that I felt like I was gonna fall over so then I started thinking its a stroke, a seizure, then I had a panic attack. I was getting to the point where I was afraid to walk so I just stayed in bed all day and going to the bathroom was hard cause it's small and makes me feel even more off balance. And then there was a day that I would feel it less walking around.

The next week, I began to feel off in my forehead. Pressure, eyes feeling pressure like I was gonna go cross eyed and dizzy headed. Head felt heavy, like bowling ball and that all made me worry more. One night I started having these cramp like pains over and around my right ear and they freaked me out and then started thinking it was a tumor and then anerysm and that night I had a horrible panic attack and couldn't sleep.

The next week after that I just stayed in bed. Took sponge baths cause hated my bathroom. I was still googling every time I would get scared looking for relief. Hearing people talk on forums about drs misdiagnosing these things and them just having to live with it.

After 4 weeks of this crap, I finally saw my doctor who isn't even a md. She is a Rn. She checked my ears and said the fluid was gone and looked up my nose and didn't say anything.  I asked her if it was a sinus infection and she said she was gonna treat it as a sinus infection. She did a nuerological test on me testing my mouth movements, my strength and balance and all that was normal. She wanted me to have blood work done and gave me a prescription for amoxcillin. And antivert which I can not take with Xanax and so it's a must I take Xanax.

So I took the amoxicillin and noticed a slight change in my head and the off balance. I would say by 10 percent. But I was still not convinced it was sinuses since she could not actually see my frontal ones and guessing my lower ones are ok. So I was still worrying over a inner ear disease and brain tumor.

My blood test was normal but there was an error with my potassium so they wanted to see me again for another test and so I told her that my head still felt off and that I was still feeling off balance. She looks all puzzled and said she could have a ct scan set up which made me think omg it's brain tumor she might be concerned about or she said she would refer me to an ent. I said ent. So on my way home I was having a bad panic attack. I am worried every day that I'm gonna have a seizure or something bad is wrong with me cause I have no
Solid answer what is making me feel this way.

The pains in my temples cause me to think I'm gonna have seizure or there's a brain tumor. Sometimes my head is so heavy that I can not stand up straight and feel wobbly. I lay on my stomach all day and lay with my head hanging off the bed cause this is only way I feel secure. I don't like walking cause I'm afraid something bad will happen to me. I'm anxious most of the time. I feel sensations that make me think I'm gonna have a stroke. It's been a nightmare and I see ent next week. And I'm scared she's gonna rule out sinuses and if so, I don't kmoe what I will do. I want ct scan done to check sinuses and for tumor. But now  afraid that it might be some bad disease. I know my anxiety is making it worse but it's not the cause if this. I've talked to a shrink and she said that these symptoms are triggering my anxiety cause I have not had the correct diagnosis. So there I am having to guess and worry and think that worst.

I've looked up everything on sinuses and it does cause off balance and of course head pressure but I'm still not convinced until I hear it straight from the ent. I feel like I'm dying everyday and just waiting for something to kill me.

Please give me advice, tell me I'm not alone. I'm tired of feeling this fear over me. ;(
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey there. Posted on your other thread I believe, but I thought I'd also post on this one in the hope I can reassure you.

Let me start by saying that I have had sinus issues on and off for fifteen years. They seem to run in my family, as everybody has difficulty with them.

Problems with my balance, particularly with posture changes, vertigo to the point I cannot travel at anything above my standard walking pace, pressure in the forehead, around the eyes and nose, in the cheeks, the ears and even in the jaw itself, heaviness, feelings of cramping. All of these are most certainly issues that I have had to deal with myself, and can very much be caused by a sinus issue. Also remember - you're anxious, and anxiety itself can cause all sorts of issues.

It could also have been that your initial balance issues were the result of an ear blockage, and then anxiety too over and has been causing the other symptoms itself. Even with the initial issue cleared up, those 'mock' symptoms would remain, as the anxiety is still present.
Bookmark and Share

Offline samandthecity

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Oh my god, I'm having the EXACT same problem!! We can't BOTH have brain tumours, can we??? I just posted about my problem but I didn't mention that I've been having the dizziness too! I was thinking maybe it was my sinuses, but I'm not congested. Are you? Can you have sinus issues without congestion?
Bookmark and Share

Offline samandthecity

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Oh wow, I just realized how old this post is  :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text