Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: alcohol induced neck pain, convinced it must be Hodgkins.  (Read 183 times)

Offline mustardtiger56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
alcohol induced neck pain, convinced it must be Hodgkins.
« on: April 05, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »
I've posted here before about my lymphoma scare. I've had multiple tests done including chest xray,ultrasound of lymph nodes, and blood tests. All of which point to a benign cause. I've been examined by several doctors and two surgeons who all believed I was fine. However I began to test the alchohol pain symptom by drinking and then waiting. Or when I'm out having a few beer I become very anxious and hope that I don't feel the pain. Sometimes it is painful and I don't think it is due to anxiety, it is not characteristic of the HL associated pain as it only lasts a few seconds to a minute. However I can't find any other reason for alcohol induced neck pain and my doctors are getting tired of me so I don't know if I should go back. What do you guys think? Just anxiety? Has anyone else experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: alcohol induced neck pain, convinced it must be Hodgkins.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 03:11:45 AM »
Mustard tiger ! I feel like I was the only one on this forum with this problem and that's why my hodgkins fear is terrible ! I have the alcohol induced pain . Now I've had it over two years and two months . Went to multiple docs who were puzzled and had no clue . I had all the blood tests and a chest x ray . Had blood tests done over the year . All normal . They said I am sensitive to alcohol ? I still don't believe them but it's been two years and I'm still here and with no swollen nodes .  I spoke to an oncologist who said my nodes would be huge by now that's why I don't have it .

I'm not sure if I read about this symptom when I was stupidly googling lymphoma and that's now it started ? anyways your not alone and I hope you feel better!

I'm still convinced I have it , I just can't let it go it's basically ruined my life for the past two years please don't let it ruin yours .

Gemma
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
Wow, so what does your pain feel like? Is it long and severe? Or short and almost unnoticeable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »
It's mostly not noticeable . I notice it the next day usually ?? I'm not even sure what this means with regards to hodgkins and I am too terrified to google . So I'm just dealing with it. Waiting for the other symtpms to appear in my head lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »
Well basically it is a very early symptom that is only found in about 5% of HL cases. A rare symptom for a rare disease. It generally starts 2-15 mins after drinking and is usually quite severe. My pain is short and doesn't always happen, when it does it is usually in different locations which makes wlme wonder if it is all in my head. If your pain is happening the day after it does not fall into this category, you would also have known by now if you had it(22 months) because HL is pretty fast growing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 05:03:05 AM »
You have made me feel a tonne better ! Thank you :) I sometimes think it's al in my head too the more I read up on the disease I was having symptoms . I have read sometimes the pain is so severe people feel like they need to go to hospital ?

Mine is more of a dull lingering pain starting the next day

I have literally no swollen nodes at all and they say the pain occurs in the affected nodes so if they were affected they would be growing I guess ??

The joys of anxiety I hope you are feeling better mustard tiger 😄
Bookmark and Share

Tags: