Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Brintellix  (Read 204 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brintellix
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
Doctor wants me to try. It's a new drug. Has anyone tried it? Need opinions good and bad.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brintellix
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:36:18 AM »
Doctor wants me to try. It's a new drug. Has anyone tried it? Need opinions good and bad.

It is a new SSRI with some unique effects on various serotonin receptors, but it was only released in November last year so there isn't much patient feedback yet.

The makers seem to be targeting those with SSRI/SNRI treatment resistant depression as it seems to be effective in that patient group. In the two anxiety trials conducted so far it was better than placebo in one and failed in the other, however, this may just indicate a problem with the trial design. Side-effects seem to be the same as the other SSRIs, plus dry-mouth and constipation typical of the tricyclics.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: