Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I AM LOSING IT  (Read 86 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
I AM LOSING IT
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »
No matter how many times I think I've ridden myself of my ALS and MS fears it comes back!!!! I'm at work bussing tables but ran to the bathroom to post because I'm having a panic attack. My foot keeps having spasms or buzzes I'm not sure! Somebody please help calm me down in really worried my parents say it's all anxiety and won't take me back to the Dr. who did NOTHING to examine me last time! He just said "anxiety".
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I AM LOSING IT
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
I'm sorry you are going through this. What have you done to treat your anxiety? Has anything worked for you? I would suggest treating your biggest medical issue right now. Which is anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »
Haven't done anything, I won't go on meds I'm too young to give up and just start taking medications for this. My feeling is that if it's mental I can beat it but I haven't been to do that thus far. I want to get an MRI and EMG but there's no way my parents would let me they'd look at me like I'm crazy. I have a history of hypochondria. But this time I have a lot of symptoms that are very bad! The spasm in my foot being #1.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:02:12 PM »
Okay first things pray is you MUST calm down.. Deep breah and drink some water. How old are you? Can you go to the dra yourself? And have an open discussion about how you're feeling? Your symptoms are anxiety related. You need to keep telling yourself that
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »
Haven't done anything, I won't go on meds I'm too young to give up and just start taking medications for this. My feeling is that if it's mental I can beat it but I haven't been to do that thus far. I want to get an MRI and EMG but there's no way my parents would let me they'd look at me like I'm crazy. I have a history of hypochondria. But this time I have a lot of symptoms that are very bad! The spasm in my foot being #1.

Taking meds is NOT giving up!!!  I used to feel like that too, like I have to beat it.  I worked with a therapist who helped me understand the meds correct a chemical imbalance in your brain.  If you were diabetic, you would take insulin, right?  This is the same thing.

Only you can decide and no one can force you but I urge you to look at the meds as something that's needed to help you live - just like insulin or a heart medication.  An MRI or EMG will NOT solve your problem.  They will give you temporary reassurance and then your anxiety will move to something else.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: