Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: STOOL COLOR!!  (Read 426 times)

Offline qxeenb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
STOOL COLOR!!
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »
I just pooped.. lol (tmi) but it was green..black & brown, isnt black like blood? I also think i have acid reflux.. it might be a ulcer but please help! :( im only 13
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: STOOL COLOR!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »
Sometimes real dark brown could look black.  Maybe you are just overreacting.    Just put it out of your mind now, when you go tomorrow or the next day, then check again.   When they say black they usually say, "Black and tarry"  I don't know what that means, but I would imagine REAL black.    As far as I know acid reflux doesn't change your poo color. I have acid reflux and my poop is consistent with what I eat (hard ones are usually darker)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
What have you eaten lately?  You mentioned green as well.  Sometimes if you eat a lot of green foods you can have dark green stool that looks black.  Blueberries can also turn stool black.  I don't think this is anything to be worried about.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline qxeenb

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:24:05 PM »
Okay..Ty, my poop has been black or dark brown before, but the next day it went back to normal, the reason this freaked me out is because I researched it and black stool = internal bleeding to google & I only ate powdered donuts and Icecream today.. I know it's unhealthy lol.. But the green freaks me out still.. It was like a lime green :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »
Black doesn't mean blood.  Black and tarry does.  I once googled pics of black and tarry poop and you would KNOW it if your poo looked like that.  It literally looks like tar and you would just know without a doubt that something was wrong.  Really, don't worry.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Okay..Ty, my poop has been black or dark brown before, but the next day it went back to normal, the reason this freaked me out is because I researched it and black stool = internal bleeding to google & I only ate powdered donuts and Icecream today.. I know it's unhealthy lol.. But the green freaks me out still.. It was like a lime green :/

MY stool is 5 days behind, which means whatever I ate on Monday will just be coming out TODAY.  My husband who has REALLY good movements is 2 days behind.  So unless you had bad diarrhea what you ate TODAY isn't what you pooped today.  I had lime green mucus (I get lots of mucus with hard stools) after eating a green cake with dark blue icing (5 days after I ate the cake). So if your stool is hard, think back what you ate 4 or 5 days ago...  if it's soft, then go back 2 or 3 days.  (green is almost always caused by green or blue food coloring)
...and your diet sounds a lot like mine!  Yikes!  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
i just posted this in another thread but black stools can also be from pepto bismol if youve taking any recently. also dark green veggies can also cause darker stools and have green blended in with it from personal experience.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
well i just seen your post from earlier today:
 qxeenb
ughh, worrys & doubting
on: April 04, 2014, 02:58:00 PM

It's me again.. I THINK i have acid reflux, but I've been googling and stomach ulcer came up.. I'm only 13 but im scared now.. please, what does a stomach ulcer feel like.. I feel what i THINK is acid going up and down from my chest to my stomach.. I also feel it in my back :\.. when i lay down it gets worse, I burp alot, I have gas.. my mom made me take tums, that kinda helped for like 10 or 20 minutes, then it got worse again.. then before bed i took pepto bismol .. again that only helped for like 20 or 30 minutes then it got worse again.. I'm going to try and ask her to take me to the doctor but she might get mad at me again ;\ I have a physical in june but thats too long.. pleaase help :(

in that post i seen you used pepto. that should explain your black stools. not to make light of your situation. keep an eye on it but try not to let it become obsessive or worrisome.  also, talk to your parents about either seeing a doctor or trying some prilosec. i use prilosec when i have acid reflux and it works well for me. my acid reflux also causes me pain below my chest leaft side just under rib cage that makes me think "ulcer" but it always get better. hope u feel better soon
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline qxeenb

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 11:43:18 PM »
 quote - "in that post i seen you used pepto. that should explain your black stools. not to make light of your situation. keep an eye on it but try not to let it become obsessive or worrisome.  also, talk to your parents about either seeing a doctor or trying some prilosec. i use prilosec when i have acid reflux and it works well for me. my acid reflux also causes me pain below my chest leaft side just under rib cage that makes me think "ulcer" but it always get better. hope u feel better soon"

Yeah! I took some pepto bismol, my mom also said that could be why my stool is black.. or dark brown.. I calmed down now lol, im gonna relax and not overreact.. thanks :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jvrbax

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
I have feared this before. Do not worry about it. I echo the comments of the others here.

Just a tip: it is best not to look at your stool. After you get release it, just flush it away!
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:18 PM »
Blood from an upper GI bleed will turn black but it tends to look like coffee grounds.  Many things can turn a solid stool very dark, one of which is pepto-bismol...and various other foods.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline anxietykelly

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 11:47:21 PM »
Please don't worry.  This happened to me once.  I panicked and ended up in the ER.  Apparently beets eaten 2 days earlier was the culprit.  Food can cause black stool.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: