Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I hate widom teeth  (Read 143 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I hate widom teeth
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »
Mine began growing in a few years ago when I was sixteen or fifteen. The dentist examined them and noted they were coming in just fine. They came through and never bothered me until February of this year. I started getting horrid pains the right side of my jaw, I could barely open it at times. I thought it was TMJ or due to my HA but my dentist got decided to extract them.

I had gone in only wanting one out and got two out instead. She wanted to take all four out but I declined. Everything was fine post-surgery until the next day. My jaw hurt even worse. I heard wisdom teeth extraction hurt a lot so I ignored it for three days before using Google. I had gotten dry socket. I decided to let it be and that was 3 weeks of non-stop torture on top of tension headaches.

I have two teeth that haven't came through. I'm reluctant to get them out but I heard they're better to extract if they're under the gums. Still I don't want to suffer the panic attack while being put to sleep, or more dry socket.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I hate widom teeth
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »
Why on earth did you wait so long? Your dentist could've resolved the dry socket issue in like 15 minutes.  So remember that you have no reason to be scared, because if you have problems again, they are easily, quickly fixable.

As for being put to sleep, I'm familiar with it. Its not really scary. I will tell you exactly what I experienced with each time I had it done: The doctor had me sitting down. he put the IV in my arm and I was in the car with my dad, half-way home. That is the extent of my recollection of the events. Its really weird but wont make ya panic!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 04:48:02 AM »
Dry socket is the WORST, but there are things you can do to avoid getting it, and to treat the pain if you do get it.

As for going under - I don't know if it's different if they're still under the gums, but my wisdom teeth came in normally - except I only had two of the darn things so they had to come out - and the dentist who did the procedure didn't knock me out at all; didn't even offer to.  Just gave me a local and pulled them out.  Not sure if that would be an option for you, but at least in some cases, being put under can be avoided.  (Though of course it is VERY safe and you really have nothing to worry about if you decide to go that route or can't avoid it.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:06:24 AM »
I decided to let it heal on its own instead of going to a dentist. I don't really regret that choice but I should have brought clover oil.. Local anesthesia is an option but I'm a big baby. I've never had my teeth pullled by a dentist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »
The stuff the dentist uses on dry socket is basically clove oil anyway, I've heard. 

It's really not that scary; I've had it done a few times.  You don't feel anything but pressure.  The noises you hear are a little weird but the only pain comes from the injection before the procedure. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
My daughter had a dry socket with a wisdom tooth an the ortho man cleaned, flushed and clove oil packed it a few times to heal up.
The dentist also said wetting a tea bag and gently compress in on the area helps.  Something about the enzymes in the tea helps in some way

Nowdays it seems common to want to do all at once.  Back in my young wisdom days, I'm 58,  they took them out as needed.  One at a time or two.   I was 42 when I had my last one out.  It was slow coming through

My girls had them one or two at a time.  Son's are not through yet.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Tags: