Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TMI!!!!!! Stool Color...  (Read 318 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
TMI!!!!!! Stool Color...
« on: April 04, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »
This is going to get really TMI, so if you have an aversion to TMI stuff regarding scat, you may want to reconsider reading this thread. Now that that's settled, I've been having really green/blue stool for the past couple of days. At first I thought it was the blue cake I ate a couple of days ago, a dark blue one, but it's been getting a bit bad, as my flatulence smells far worse than usual [it smells like something's wrong with my stomach] and it's been going on for two days since I ate the cake. I read that it could be a sign of internal stomach bleeding, is that true? I've had really bad stomach issues before, heartburn, a lot of stomach bugs and constipation among them. There's no severe pain associated with using the restroom, although it's a little strenuous to push. Can anyone relate? I'm a bit worried. The stool is an almost turquoise color. The hospital around here shut down, so there's no one I could really talk to. :/
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: TMI!!!!!! Stool Color...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:20:24 PM »
Really the only thing that could cause stool that color is FOOD.  Green or blue food dye, especially dark blue.  I had it happen to me (I have lots of mucus at times and the mucus was a bright lime green!) - I am constipated a lot so the stool itself would be mixed with all other days of food. Maybe you didn't pass it all out the first time.  Internal stomach bleeding presents with BLACK tarry stools.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
I stopped being able to find my usual flavor of Gatorade, so I switched to the grape, which is dyed a very dark blue.  I've been crapping shamrocks for weeks!   :laugh3: 

If your stool is red, black or white, see a doctor.  Otherwise, it's almost certainly something you ate (even then, red or black is still likely something you ate, really).  If you're straining, you're probably backed up.  It seems like a huge coincidence for this NOT be the very blue cake you ate right before this all started!
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »
There is also pain with digestion. I don't know what else I ate that made it that way. The rest of the thing is also black. :/ My stomach is always weird...it's not red or anything.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »
Black is also most commonly caused by food dyes.  (And, in my case, Oreos.  Even one or two will make me panic, until I remember...)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »
Black is blood, not blue. Only foods can give you blue poop. Even if it was a little black that's not bad. 2 months ago I swore I had colon cancer and freaked out because I had black dots in my feces or I saw undigested vegetables. 2 months later, it looks fine and I feel fine
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »
Thank you guys! Still confused on why the color is green/blue/dark colored ish. I haven't eaten any cake in two days and I've been having weird digestive pains [mainly bloating and stomach pain after eating in lover stomach].
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 07:39:57 PM »
Yes, I agree with what everyone else said in that the only thing that can cause stool to be a bright blue/turquoise color like that is food/food coloring.  And you'd be surprised how long after eating it your stools can be affected.  I once make a green juice (fresh organic veggies and fruit) that included beets and I pooped BRIGHT RED for 2-3 days after consuming just that once juice.  Just something to think about.  I'd give it a few more days and see what happens.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 07:42:49 PM »
Thank you guys! Still confused on why the color is green/blue/dark colored ish. I haven't eaten any cake in two days and I've been having weird digestive pains [mainly bloating and stomach pain after eating in lover stomach].

Your poop could be up to 5 days behind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
Jeez, that late, huh, Sunlover? Update: it's still a green color. :| I don't get my body...
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »
Jeez, that late, huh, Sunlover? Update: it's still a green color. :| I don't get my body...

I only know that because as other HA people I look and analyze my stool!  LOL!   I know when I eat corn and little kernels are in it and when I HAD the corn.   That's if yours is hard it could be up to 5 days.   Soft ones maybe 2 or 3 days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 08:37:44 PM »
others have already given some great advice about food coloring and such. i remember the very first time i had a poop scare i was a kid and i freaked out cuz my stool was green. it was from eating BOO-BERRIES cereal. anyone remember those? any purple dye gives me green stool. also just for future reference. black stool isnt always blood in the stool. I am aware that black tarry stools are a sign of bleeding farther up in the digestive tract but once i had black stools and since my grandfather had colon "C" It freaked me out turns out it was from taking pepto bismol the day before.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: