Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why MS?  (Read 443 times)

Offline Huitzilopochtli

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why MS?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »
Yup, hypo's only fear the giants... ALS, PPMS, terminal cancer, brain tumors, N. fowleri infection, yada yada yada...
Oh my God, I hadn't considered that I might have yada yada yada!! I've been having some shoulder pain, and that's probably like one of the early symptoms, right? Man, there goes my weekend...
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 11:58:08 AM »
Yup, hypo's only fear the giants... ALS, PPMS, terminal cancer, brain tumors, N. fowleri infection, yada yada yada...
Oh my God, I hadn't considered that I might have yada yada yada!! I've been having some shoulder pain, and that's probably like one of the early symptoms, right? Man, there goes my weekend...

Shoulder pain is THE hallmark symtpom... I'm afraid you've got a case of the yada's.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Karloff29

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
I've had the Yada, Yada, Yadas for months now... I have all the signs: sneezing Cheerios, smelling Vanilla all the time, singing songs in reverse. My doctor doesn't want to scare me, but he's pretty sure it's the Yadas  :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
That is a great point, Michelle.  I think alot of this has to do with anxiety--not just the symptoms themselves but the unknown (ie "what if I'm diagnosed with x, y, z soon?" etc).  It must be, because although I am not afraid of MS, I have wasted a lot of time fretting about other non-fatal conditions in the last few years which are perfectly manageable to live with (diabetes and Dysautonomia/POTS being the big ones). I have to remind myself if I had those problems WITHOUT anxiety disorder, my life would be much more productive. Same applies wih the MS-phobes I'm sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
I think that I'm just afraid of getting MS because I'm so young. I haven't done all of the things I want to or gone to the places I want to go yet. I'm an athlete and can't imagine life without sports, if I had MS those would be gone. I think for teen hypochondriacs like myself, the fear stems from knowing that I haven't accomplished what I'd like to yet, and if I was diagnosed with something either fatal or debilitating, it would keep me from chasing my dreams.

As for why hypochondriacs in general fear it- like I said already it's because when anxiety becomes physical it mimics MS in a lot of ways. Plus we can give ourselves just about any symptom we fear after googling.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Tags: