Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: MS thoughts consume me.  (Read 198 times)

Offline Roxy2012

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MS thoughts consume me.
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »
Hi guys.. Its been months since being on here. The other day I had a freak out post which I now feel stupid about anyways.....

I've always been a chronic worrier and had bad anxiety. General Anxiety and health.

Ive been worried about going deaf, blind, brain tumor, skin cancer, breast cancer, diabetes and the worse fear MS.. Boy is it a popular one.

The MS fear started last year when I was looking up reasons people go blind.. MS popped up..  I then became stuck on that disease.

My symptoms.

Frequent urination. especially at night.
Headaches here and there.
Tingling all over body. more in feet and hands. but it pops up all over.
If I touch my skin it gets a weird sensation. like tingly/vibrations.
left arm feels weaker than right arm.
Eye floaters, after images, visual snow in dark

I've been to eye doctors and my eyes are healthy. but I dont have health insurance so I cant afford to get tests done to rule things out.
My family thinks Im crazy. My husband wont give my HA the time of day. I literally have no one I can talk to to about this. I feel so alone
and lost. For months I was doing ok with thoughts still in my head, but I was so busy with life that I didnt have time to worry..
Ive been under tons of stress, so I know it doesnt help. I'm just so scared. Also Im a 21 yr old caucasian female and I live in northern climate which fits
the MS description however I lived in the south up until 18. I try to be rational but its so hard. I didnt have any symptoms before reading about any of the diseases and that should be everything..... like when busy I dont notice my symptoms, but I notice my feet alot because they burn sometimes after standing for long periods of time but I just blame it on that.

I read that after images is a sign of brain tumor.. but MS is my worse fear. I got fixated on the disease again 4 days ago when I had some constipation.
I started googling and boom its back full force. I just cant live like this.

I'm sorry I keep posting about MS and Im sorry we all have to go through this. I will keep everyone in my prayers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MS thoughts consume me.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:36 PM »
No sorries every needed.  We all have times of 'what if'  comes back.

I waffle around in the MS arena too.   I'm 58 and had a brain scan in 2010, mri in 2011 and 2012 for other reasons.   Nothing mentions about MS there. 
Trying not to worry.   I have low back disc problems affecting leg sensations, but my thoughts are MS in my spine.  The MRI didn't mention that though of my low back.  And I would think it would have seen if there with all those images.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »
Sorry you feel this way. I understand you 100%. I have all of your symptoms and more and my brain MRI was clean. So I know it's not MS but anxiety. Every time I am going thru awful stress periods I get the tingling all over my body, it feels like ants crawling on my skin, frequent urination (I have IC), daily headaches, etc.

Try to relax// i know it's not easy. is there a way you can get insurance? are you in the US? Maybe try Obama care
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:20 PM »
I am in the us. Isnt there a deadline to sign up for obama care? Im not too familiar with is
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
The deadline was March 31
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
MS fear consumes every waking moment in my life lately as well. I've had twitching, tingling, cold every, the whole 9 yards.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »
MS fear consumes every waking moment in my life lately as well. I've had twitching, tingling, cold every, the whole 9 yards.

Have you had any testing done. I always see a correlation with us who suffer from HA and our concern with MS. I think it's because chronic anxiety symptoms can mimic those of MS.
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline AP151

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
No, I did see my Dr. though, he saw no reason at all to be concerned and instantly pinned it to anxiety. Including the twitches and spasms. I also had my optic nerve checked when I got some glasses, the eye doc said perfectly normal. If that counts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roxy2012

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »
No, I did see my Dr. though, he saw no reason at all to be concerned and instantly pinned it to anxiety. Including the twitches and spasms. I also had my optic nerve checked when I got some glasses, the eye doc said perfectly normal. If that counts.

my optic nerve was perfect too.. Do you see after images?? or any other eye issues? what kind of tingling do you have? mine has been going on for months feet and hands being the worse. but its not enough to mess with everyday life just annoys me bc I think its MS
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »
The tingling I have isn't the traditional pins and needles you get when your foot falls asleep. Hard to describe really, it's mainly my left foot, almost always actually and that's probably because I'm so focused on just the left one. I have twitches or spasms I can't tell in that foot also, but I have twitches everywhere so I dont know.

When I saw the eye Dr. I ended up being prescribed glasses for nearsightedness. Low prescription, just a -0.50 which isn't bad at all. I know the eye issues aren't MS related because MS affects the nerve itself, so glasses wouldn't help any. My glasses helped a lot! I did have eye pain and burning though, but only while I was worried about possibly having optic neuritis. It went away after I stopped worrying about it.

With my foot: mine doesn't have any effect on what I do either. I play football daily and am actually improving not getting worse. I'm a receiver, we specifically have been focusing on footwork lately, and mines been good so all this in my foot must be anxiety! MS would throw off coordination I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: