Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stringing a bunch of things together? Or something serious (like Paget's)??  (Read 378 times)

Offline Mvalachovic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I just wanted to reply to say that if there is anyone who could give you an accurate reassurance it's the oncologist you saw. The fact that he/she saw it and said its nothing is very reassuring. The pain is the only thing the dr couldn't actually visibly see and I think the clear mammogram is also reassuring. Just try to tell yourself that there could be any number of things causing the ache and it's likely muscular or like an inflammation of a rib or something. The fact that you have to move in a certain way and breathe to recreate it seems like it could be made worse by your anxiety and doing it over and over. Good luck. I hope it just goes away for you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I just wanted to reply to say that if there is anyone who could give you an accurate reassurance it's the oncologist you saw. The fact that he/she saw it and said its nothing is very reassuring. The pain is the only thing the dr couldn't actually visibly see and I think the clear mammogram is also reassuring. Just try to tell yourself that there could be any number of things causing the ache and it's likely muscular or like an inflammation of a rib or something. The fact that you have to move in a certain way and breathe to recreate it seems like it could be made worse by your anxiety and doing it over and over. Good luck. I hope it just goes away for you!

Thanks, Mvalachovic.  I know you're right and, funnily enough, the rash and nipple issue is almost gone now.  So my main focus at this point of course is the pain.  I know the mammogram is reassuring but I'm just not sure it would have been able to see that far up since it's just above my breast.  If I knew that it could, I probably wouldn't worry about it, but I kinda doubt it could have seen that area :-\  The pain happens even if I'm not trying to recreate it - like a few minutes ago when I was leaning over the kitchen counter to write something and just breathing in, I could feel it.  Maybe I'm just noticing it more, but it almost seems like it's getting worse and happens more easily.  I suppose it could be muscular (it kind of feels that way) but why would it happen when I breathe in?  Ugh I feel like I'm going crazy  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So I decided to email my doctor about the pain worsening a teeny tiny bit and happening more easily (not just when I lean over and breath in anymore and now also when I move in certain ways too).  He responded with, "I don't think this represents a serious process but I suggest just to be cautious you make an appointment with your breast surgeon."  My breast surgeon is the one who typically orders any scans as they're needed.  I'm absolutely freaking out now, thinking maybe this pain really is something to worry about. 

BTW, the rash and nipple thing is completely gone but this pain (well, more like mild discomfort) persists and has been going on for a month now.  I am so freaking out that I have cancer everywhere and am going to die and leave my precious 16-month-old son without a mommy  :traurig001:  Someone please help.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Tags: