Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified.. worried I have appendicitis?  (Read 226 times)

Offline kayleigh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Terrified.. worried I have appendicitis?
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »
Before I went to bed last night I noticed I had stomach ache and as I got into bed I had a pain across my lower right abdomen and back but I slept ok. When I got out out bed I had a sharp pain in my lower right stomach and back which hurt more when I pressed it. I ate breakfast but that is all I have eaten all day. I now have this constant about 5-6/10 pain in my lower right stomach and my back on the same side feels like I have been kicked. I've been to hospital before with suspected appendicitis and they didn't diagnose it (this was about 8 years ago) I do get pains in my lower right stomach every so often that I worry is my appendix and have been to the doctors saying that I have it a few times. I managed all day and work but I'm just so worried. I had my contraceptive implant removed yesterday, I also had bright red blood on the paper after having a poo today and I was constipated yesterday before the pain started. I'm so scared.. Help?
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified.. worried I have appendicitis?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »
If the pain is acute and there is blood in your stool you should really see a dr or go to the emergency room. It could be a number of other reasons though. But if it were me I would go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jt23

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:05:25 PM »
In your lower right stomach, between your belly button and hip/pelvic bone press down and hold for a second and let go fast. Does it hurt bad or worse right after you lift your hand?
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
Sounds like maybe IBS. I have alot of pains in my lower right stomach, sometimes it bloats there too and its been like that on and off for like 13 years. Bright red is nothing serious. Hemorrhoid from constipation Kay!!!! You be ok, your young.... you would know if it was your appendix.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »
Similar symptoms here too! If the pain gets any worse I'd recommend a dr visit or ER if it's unbearable. I think an appendix flareup would be unmistakeably painful. I recently had a very painful BM that caused some bleeding, and I've been constipated since with the same kind of pain you're describing, and lots of burping!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
Thanks everyone :) You might be right about IBS, I've not been diagnosed with it but I work with a girl who has and she said she has been admitted to hospital before cos they thought she had appendicitis and it turned out to just be her IBS so that would maybe make sense. You reckon if it was my appendix that I would defo know it as I would be in so much pain! Yeh it might be hemmaroids haha!  ;*) miss you valley, not talked for a long time! xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
how long have you had the similar symptoms skimbles? What is a BM sorry? Its like a constant pain near my hip on the right side and as I said it just feels like I have been kicked in the back on the same side, I mean I'm not exactly screaming in pain at the moment and I managed all day at work but its certainly not getting any better :( xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 05:21:12 PM »
bowel movement! I've actually had pain by my hip on the right side for years now which has gone undiagnosed. I'm really constipated now and it's flaring up again. I've wondered if a food intolerance is causing all of this chaos in my body
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 05:32:28 PM »
Haha I didn't even click what that stood for but that makes sense now! I didn't have a painful BM (lol) I was just constipated last night and then tonight there was like a LOT of bright red blood on the toilet paper :( or really, do you have it on and off? and is it quite painful? I don't understand why my back also hurts xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »
My back hurts too. It feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. I think if it gets worse I'll go to the hospital tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »
Yeah same here, how long have you had it for? x
Bookmark and Share

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »
I went to the doctor the next day and I had infection in my urine so got some antibiotics, I've taken the course now and it's still hurting :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: