Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need opinions please  (Read 106 times)

Offline Jt23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need opinions please
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
This morning I woke up with a strange headache/migraine. It doesn't hurt at the back of my head or scalp or anything like that. It's hard to pinpoint where. Honestly it just feels like a sharp pressure pain behind my eyes in the center of my brain. I also had a vertigo feeling since I woke. It wasn't room spinning, but everytime I turn my head it feels like my body is moving sideways. I took a warm shower and it eased up a ton. I went outside and had to get some work done. Right when I leaned over to pick something up its back full force. Everytime I lean over it feels like my head will explode and the pain stays. I don't have a congested nose or anything. I'm worried about serious problems such as brain tumors of course due to leaning over intensifies it which is a known BT symptom.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need opinions please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
Today is an interesting day. An enormous low pressure weather front is moving across the country, slowly, in waves. The air pressure is dropping rapidly all over. This can cause sinus pressure - not nose, but in the air filled pockets of your skull. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/peplreallysuck/sinus.jpg These ones. Im sure you'll notice they are exactly where the pain is.

Now this pain isnt directly causing the dizzyness, but the pressure is. Its Vertigo. If you were ever wondering what vertigo feels like, now you know. This is because the same pressure change is pressing on your ears, creating positional vertigo, since your inner ears regulate balance. So when you change positions fast, it all takes slightly longer than normal to realign properly.

The pressure you feel when you change positions just confirms it. The shower thing too, its almost universally a relief, however temporary, of the symtpoms.

Today sucks. Ive had the exact same thing as you all day. Im just much more familiar with it. Even so its still kinda scary. But just try not to stand up too quickly and you should be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jt23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:06 PM »
Well today I have a very sore throat and seem to be developing a slight fever. Maybe all this stuff blooming?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
great response from the previous poster about the weather. even without the low pressure this time of year wreaks havoc on most of the population whether they have mild allergies and dont realize it allergies or if they have more severe allergies.  the headache you describe sounds very similar to sinus pressure. from experience i can tell you that sinus problems can cause vertigo, happens to me every year.
i personally have to use antihistamines and a nasal decongestant during the spring. i think the antihistamine stops the sneezing and runny nose but then it gives me congestion.  so i end up having to treat that too.
hope u feel better soon
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: