Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What would you do if your fears were true?  (Read 216 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What would you do if your fears were true?
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »
Let's say you go to the doctor, get exams, and she gives you bad news. Then what?

My main fears are tumors and cancers for some reason. Both are very serious. If I had a brain tumor, even if it wasn't cancerous..  I don't know what I'd so. I've had back surgery but this is my brain we're talking about. It's not something you can toy with or something you can get a transplant for. I'm scared enough of going under general anesthesia for a wisdom tooth, nevermind brain surgery. Then there's the possibility that there's nothing to be done or the treatment doesn't work..
Bookmark and Share

Offline skimbleshanks34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What would you do if your fears were true?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
I would almost be relieved that something was found. I'm basically convinced that there's something crazy going on inside of me, and it's gone undiagnosed for years. At least after finding what was wrong with me I can begin to try any treatment that could help me feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:33 PM »
I'm afraid of cancers/heart issues.  It makes me think death is near now that i'm older(65) and i don't want to miss out on certain things in life-life my daughters wedding,my granddaughter not rembering me,my daughters med school graduation and all the other good stuff that happens.  If i could get ten more healthy good years-i, be happy.  If i got cancer i'd have to see what the choices were and just that thought terrifies me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
I always thought I would have a panic attack and just cry and cry and cry. But when my doctor told me a couple weeks ago I did I have a tumor, I researched and researched and now I try to not think of it till surgery time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
I think we would be stronger than we imagine.   In 2004 I had this horrible thing happen to my eye, half the vision in my right eye was grayed out and in the sun it was BLACK!   Before I went to the eyedoctor I resigned myself to the "fact" that this was bad, that I'd be blind in that eye. (and losing my sight is ONE of my fears!) But strangely enough I wasn't freaking out, I wasn't panicking, I just thought, "Well, I'll deal with this, they might be able to DO something"..  as it turned out it was nothing serious (posterior vitreous detachment) pretty common in extremely nearsighted people... as time went on it got lighter and lighter to where I don't have a problem indoors anymore (just outside, it's still darkish in that spot, but I got USED to it and don't even notice it anymore because I compensated.  So as much as we worry, we are very resilient I think.
(I just read Brick's post and that certainly would be the case for most of us)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
I have visteious fluid separation.  That big ribbon like black thing in my vision freaked me out.  Optometrist said,  "happens over time'  Translation 'aging"  I noted to him that he put that gently.

I do have some health issues and they do scare me still.  So having a something and knowing it didn't make me less fearful.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.   
John 8:32

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:00:56 PM »
I have a double-edged deal with doctors. I want to be near them and have them fix me but there's that fear you'll have something uncurable. I dread going to the doctor. You don't know if they'll say you have 2 months to live, have stage 3 cancer, or just have a flu. Then again if you are sick they can help you early..

Ugh, this is such a lose-lose situation. I was feeling pretty good like 40 minutes ago but I peeked into a thread, read a triggering post, and now I'm freaking out over my the heat from my stomach or how I rolled over and my ribs hurt like heck, probably from moving the wrong way. I still feel better than this morning but even this feeling scares me because it doesn't quite feel like normal relaxation or happiness.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: