Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Endometrial Biopsy - Extremely Scared  (Read 249 times)

Offline VeryScary

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Endometrial Biopsy - Extremely Scared
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:59:44 AM »
I posted the other day about my usual pap smear fears - well my psych thought I should go ahead and go to the dr. for my annual. I did - and after I talked to her about how I'd had this brown spotting off and on for years, she said "what if we do a biopsy?" and before I knew it, I'd signed the papers and it was done.

It was extremely uncomfortable.

And now I'm scared shitless of what the results will be. I've gone through this so many times...and I become convinced that at some point, I will be right....that I WILL be sick. I'm second guessing every twinge, spot, cramp I've had in recent years. Could that have been c-word? I'm fast forwarding to how I will tell people ... how I will deal with this all...

I was doing so ok yesterday - just being mindful and staying in the now. But at about 5:30 this morning, I lost it. Weeping uncontrollably. My girlfriend held me while I shook. I cleaned myself up and got to work...but I have no idea how I'm going to remain focused. The only good thing I can think of is that I will have results Sunday - Tuesday at the latest. So there won't be weeks of this.

I'm so scared. Biopsy...that is a scary word. I keep Googling...I'm shaking...I don't know what to do. I never expected to go in with one set of fears and come out with another. :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Endometrial Biopsy - Extremely Scared
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »
so sorry you feel this way. I am sending prayers and light your way. I know it's not easy, I've been in your shoes many times. Hopefully it's nothing.... I will think of you. Please keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »
Thanks...

I'm trying to work ...but I'm wondering if I should just work from home. I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep it together...even enough to tell my manager that I'm struggling.

I'm so upset :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
An endometrial biopsy, isn't just for cancer!!  It can tell them a lot of things about the health of your endometrial tissue etc.

Endometrial cancer itself is very rare and almost alway occurs post menopause.  My Mom had it for 2 years before she ever went to the Dr and there was no doubt...copious amounts of bleeding.  Even with all that, she only had to have a hysterectomy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
That's re-assuring...I've been telling myself that it makes no sense for me to be worried when I've had these symptoms on and off for years. Brown spotting started in 2005 and continued until I had a fibroid procedure. Then came back in 2012. Pain I've been having started in 1999. Yes, as in 15 years ago.

I've been MRI'd etc. etc. since then. So I tell myself, no way Jose.

But the what if's are killing me. My mom just had to talk me off the ledge.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:44 AM »
I just had an endo biopsy in Jan. (I'm 36) I had been having spotting for a while as well. But what finally made my OB do it was I had some spotting after sex. She did it to see if she "could get a polyp out of me".  And she did! Results came back normal other than benign polyp. Maybe that is what your OB is looking for as well. I know how you are feeling, I was right there back in Jan. It's HORRIBLE waiting, I know. But you HAVE to stop googling. Update us. Hang in there, you're going to be ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
I can't tell you all how much I appreciate even the time that a perfect stranger would take to try to talk another perfect stranger out of a painful spot.

Seriously, you all have no idea how much I need these words right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »
I know several gals who had those - said they were painful, but they came up "clean".  Some simple things the biopsy can tell is if your hormones are off which can cause that bleeding.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
I've been wondering if my hormones were having an issue based simply on the fact that in 2012, when these symptoms returned, I also started having classic PMS symptoms. I was like a Pamprin commercial - crying over all kinds of things. I cried over an episode of "Ice T Loves Coco" lol

Then I noticed that I would get a single pimple on my arm. Or my knee. Or my neck. Just one - teeny tiny. So bizarre. Then it would leave. Finally, I started getting episodes of mid-cycle libido. Never happened before. And Mittelsmerchz damn near every month. So things changed!

But none of that makes me calm down. You all know the drill. I'm sucking up your energy though - I'm truly thankful I have this resource.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »
I had an endometrial biopsy years ago when I was trying to get pregnant. The doctor used it to measure my lining and see if it was the right thickness/hormonal balance to allow for conception. It was not a fun test but over in a flash. Did your doctor tell you when to expect the results?
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »
She said it could be as early as Sunday or as late as Tuesday. I'm glad I won't have to spend weeks on pins and needles, but that doesn't make me feel extra great.
Bookmark and Share

Offline legs11

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 07:08:32 AM »
Hello. I have had spotting many many times and my gynocologist did a biopsy of the endometrium after my Pap smear came back abnormal. My biopsy was clear. Doctors need to cover themselves. If you mention you were spotting then he would suggest a biopsy as that is what the normal procedure would be. There are so many reasons for spotting, including hormonal reasons. I'm sure you are fine.
All the best
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 09:54:03 AM »
This morning was better than yesterday morning. I didn't collapse into tears upon waking, so that was good. I DID tremble all night, which is typical for me when I'm fearful.

I keep reviewing things in my head, seeking reassurance, then finally arriving at the same conclusion: I just don't know. It could be good. It could be bad. It could be kind of neither. It could be the beginning of a bunch of stuff or the end of a bunch of stuff. I just don't know.

I'm up and down. Some moments I think "what you're describing just doesn't sound shocking - especially since you had these symptoms, had a fibroid procedure, then they went away and are now back." Other moments I'm just like "yeah, but what if..." and all.

I don't drink. So I have nothing to distract me. I'm thinking I'm probably going to go to hookah tonight and smoke until I pass out. :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: