Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why would WBC go from 6 to 3.2 in one month?  (Read 466 times)

Offline Melissa100

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why would WBC go from 6 to 3.2 in one month?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »
About a year ago same thing happend to me WBC from 5.7 down to 4.1 and I was very concerned just like you now. My doctor said it was normal but I stared not believing her so I went to see another doctor. I had UTI so once that was treated whithin month they went up to 6.1. Three month later I had another blood work done and they were 5.7 so yes they do flactuate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
Thank you guys. I have paper work to repeat my CBC and ferritin levels to see if the iron is working and I am terrified of the results. If the CBC is still low I think I will have a heart attack.... HA sucks... this is draining!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 09:00:22 PM »
I went thru this a little over a week ago. My blood work in Jan. showed that my WBC was 12.4 and my iron was VERY low. Of course I thought this meant I must have Lukemia! I finally went back 10 days ago for my repeat blood. My results were 9.4 WBC - NORMAL and my iron was on the very high end so he wants me to take half on my iron supplement. What a relief! I requested a copy of my results and I see there were one or 2 other things that were flagged b/c they were a little high but my Dr. said everything was normal so I'm trying to take his word for it!! I'm sure yours will be ok too!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »
I went thru this a little over a week ago. My blood work in Jan. showed that my WBC was 12.4 and my iron was VERY low. Of course I thought this meant I must have Lukemia! I finally went back 10 days ago for my repeat blood. My results were 9.4 WBC - NORMAL and my iron was on the very high end so he wants me to take half on my iron supplement. What a relief! I requested a copy of my results and I see there were one or 2 other things that were flagged b/c they were a little high but my Dr. said everything was normal so I'm trying to take his word for it!! I'm sure yours will be ok too!

Thank you so much, this makes me feel better!!!! my doctor said everything was normal, and didn't care but of course I do!
I think I am going to wait one more week to give my iron the chance to keep going up!
Thanks for your input, I really appreciated!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: