Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried upper back pain going crazy! Please help!  (Read 125 times)

Offline Sweetpea8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried upper back pain going crazy! Please help!
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »
Last week I injured my upper back while doing some hard cleaning. Since then on and off my upper back has been hurting. Now it is in my right shoulder blade area and it hurts only when I move, sneeze, cough, etc. Also whats weird is it sometimes also hurts when I swallow, which has me worried. I have been googling and have come across anything from lung cancer, etc. I am so worried, I am going to see my Dr. Friday but until then I am worried to death. Has anyone ever had this before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried upper back pain going crazy! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »
You likely strained some muscles, some inflammation

Backs are not easy to isolate to rest as we use them just to breathe, let along all else.  Take it gentle while it heals.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »
It sounds like a pulled muscle.  I pulled something in my neck carrying a table a few years ago and was sure I had some kind of brain tumor - I was dizzy and had so much head pain!  It's amazing what something as simple as a pulled muscle can cause.  Breathing, swallowing, etc, cause your back muscles to work.  Your doctor might give you a muscle relaxant or a stronger painkiller than you can get over the counter to get you through the healing process.  You may also have found a good excuse to get a massage or two ;) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sweetpea8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:44:00 AM »
Thank you both for your kind words. I really don't know what I would do without this site. It has really helped. I was trying to think rationally after reading your comments and realized that if it was something more serious, it would likely hurt all of the time and not just with movement. Thanks you again!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: