Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm relapsing in my brain tumor fears  (Read 230 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm relapsing in my brain tumor fears
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
For like a month I worried about brain tumors or brain cancer. That went away 2 or 3 weeks ago but came back when I started getting tension headaches again. I dunno what to do anymore.

My head just generally hurts at the top. It's an on and off pain but it feels like a pressure on the top of my head. I've had it most of today, probably since I'm stressed. I've been up 10 hours - I woke up at 7 and it's 7 - so obviously I'm gonna be sleepy but my first thought was I was gonna fall into a coma soon. I remember yesterday I was afraid to fall asleep.. I awoke this morning and within 5 minutes had a headache. It felt like stress but that worried me. Like 2 hours ago I was laughing at something and felt really happy. My brain instantly worried it was dying and this was the death endorphins kicking in.. Then my mood got bad and my headache came back.

I've been having a runny nose lately and it's probably due to the air conditioner but my brain thinks it's cranial fluid.
The side of my nose has been hurting, along with my forehead, and I get worried if it's random pains or a tumor.
My vision seems normal but sometimes I think it's vaguely off. I can't say how.. Not exactly foggy or blurry but..?
I've been getting hot lately but I don't know if it's genuinely hot - it's in the 40s and 50s - or they're heat flashes.
My throat feels tighter than usual and my appetite isn't so good.. I'm probably overly stressed.
I felt off this afternoon. That generic sick feeling but no fever or anything.
My ear ringing is back.
My nose is dry again.
A few days ago I had at least a few icepick headaches but now I'm back to tension.
When I calm down and my headache lessens in pain, or it goes away, I get a weird sort of feeling. Like lightheaded but not really. I just sort of feel loose, almost like I've been under anesthesia.
I've had a cough. Maybe I caught a cold..

I'm not off balanced and, as said,  my vision is fine. I'm not blacking out, my speech is normal, and my coordination is perfectly normal. Still I get worried because my head hurts horribly and the headache can last for hours. I'm not even in the mood to listen to music.

I had none of this in early January. Tumors don't progress that fast, right? Unless I've had it for a while and it's now showing signs, or if I had cancer somewhere else and it's spread.. But cancer can't spread that fast, right? My grandma had ovarian cancer, I noticed symptoms a year before the diagnosis, and she ended up fine. I've worried about ovarian cancer but my doctors think it's PCOS. I've had some mild stinging pains around the pubic area though and some spotting but no periods so I'm worried. I'm under 20, don't do drugs, am a virgin, and don't drink or smoke but my young age doesn't make me invulnerable to these things.

I've been telling myself I'm fine but the fear comes back each time. I've gone back to wishing I was staying at a hospital, just because it seems safer and they can do tests or give me medicine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm relapsing in my brain tumor fears
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:48 PM »
Sounds like you have a sinus infection to me. Plus anxiety/stress also cause tension headaches doesn't sound like a brain tumor at all but go see your doctor and see what they say.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's stress but knowing that doesn't relieve the stress because there's always the worry "What if I'm wrong?"

Last time I went to my doctor a month ago he just told me to chill out. I have a few panic related disorders and I was complaining about pain in like 10 different places so he just told me to lose some weight and that this was all stress. He took blood and urine, came back fine. I have a hospital appointment in 20 days and they took blood too..

I took a shower and felt a little better. Calming down helps but it's hard to calm down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »
Brain tumour fear took over my life for a while and I know how debilitating it is. I had a headache for about 3 months on the top of my head with no other symptoms really. I was convinced it was a brain tumour and I fixated on it 24/7. I would sleep to get away from my thoughts.

I had a normal eye test and bloods and even went to ER as my arm and face went numb on one side. They reassured me it was anxiety. I then insisted on a brain MRI and it was normal apart from something in my sinus so I am now under ENT. I kept getting a runny nose on one side also.

Now my fears of a brain tumour have been put to rest, I have had barely any headaches. Funny eh, the mind plays tricks on you. I have been advised to have a CT of sinuses just to check all ok but I would honestly try not to worry about it, easier said than done I know!

Brain tumour symptoms are rarely headaches.. you usually have memory and co-ordination problems, vision problems or severe diziness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »
I don't think I have dizziness but my memory has been subpar for years so I can't tell if I'm more than usual.

It's 7 AM right now. I feel hungry, mildly stressed, and somewhat sleepy but no headaches. I read morning tension headaches are a tumor symptom. The only thing that's really bothering me right now are my right arm and left knee.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
You would know if you had diziness.. I mean you'd nearly fall over! Not just slight feeling of possible diziness!

Waking up with a headache could mean anything! I honestly think you need to get the idea of BT out of your head, although I know how hard I found it.. you need to read all the stories similar to yours where it turned out to be nothing! I only really got piece of mind with an MRI and to be honest was angry I took it that far. Right arm and left knee certainly aren't BT related!

Try and distract your mind.. read, go for a walk, chat to a friend etc. I am reading a book on being mindful you would find interesting.

Chin up x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »
I'm not worried so much about a tumor at the moment but I am worried about some pains I'm getting. My right shoulder has been aching since yesterday, as are occasionally other parts of the right side of my body. I've noticed this past 3 months that most of my pain is on the right.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »
a runny nose and a cough isnt even brain tumor related in any aspect... brain tumor headaches are KILLER, and the dizziness isnt just "do i feel dizzy, i think a little bit".. apparently the dizziness is your clutching walls, falling to one side, cant get up etc. Im sure its different for everyone with a brain tumor but I would think that everything is exruciating considering when symptoms of a tumor start that means the tumor is pressing against the nerve or brain or whatever causing the symptoms to be CONSTANT. I was on a brain tumor fear for a month b/c i was randomly having dizzy spells etc, im still not 100 percent over it, but feeling alot better considering im trying not to pay attention to it so much.

Brain tumor symptoms are constant, they dont come and go every 4 hours.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
Even a small tumor? I worry that maybe it's just starting to grow and I'll get other symptoms later. Do tumor headaches stay constantly or do they come and go?

I'm just worried about anything in my head. All this head pain worries me.. Whether it's a tumor, cancer, or that my brain can bleed out..

The back and front of my head hurt a lot, mostly the back. The front just has a pressure and a vague crawling feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: