Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sharp, Stabbing like pains right side of forehead??  (Read 117 times)

Offline mdamelio96

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sharp, Stabbing like pains right side of forehead??
« on: April 02, 2014, 06:57:03 PM »
I recovered from Hypochondria about two months ago but now I'm having a weird feeling in my head and doing my best to compress my anxiety before it can take over. Anyway today around 11:00 am I started having random stabbing like pains in the right side of my forehead. They last maybe one-two seconds and I've had about 6-7 since this morning. My mom said it could be a sinus headache due to the changing weather or a possible migraine. Should I go to a doctor? Or only if it persists for a certain amount of time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sharp, Stabbing like pains right side of forehead??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »
You could see your doctor just for peace of mind but a lot of people get these, they are called ice pick head aches, I've seen about 20+ people complain on them on here not including me. They are considered a primary headache meaning that the cause is benign, some do consider them migraines, it could be sinus related because I have a bunch of sinus issues and I get them from time to time, I find that stretching out my neck also helps a bit
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:28:56 PM »
Don't fear! These are 100% ice-pick headaches! They scared me the first time I had them too! (I was laying down getting ready to sleep and I felt like someone took a nail and had jabbed it into my temple over and over again.)

They usually will go away on their own after a while, and they tend to happen SO fast that headache pills wouldn't be effective. (my episode lasted... probably 15-20 minutes which is about how long it takes an Excedrin to kick in for me)
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline mdamelio96

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just live through it they've been happening less and less and with less severe pain since they started maybe they'll start to go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »
when i first got them i had like 10 or more in one day then it started to decrease and eventually they went away, sometime they come back
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Tags: