Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tell me about your poop  (Read 382 times)

Offline itsnotatumor

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tell me about your poop
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
Hi.  I'm a new member.  I have paranoia about many things health-related, primarily within the digestive tract.

Last year I finally mustered the courage to deal with some rear-end issues, which were hemmies.  external and internal.  But my hemmie issues, like most of you hemmie members, are a result from other dark and mysterious evil activities lurking in our colon or any other tubelar section of the digestive tract.  With a colonoscopy, a few finger gooses, and a few poop tests, the doctor has no reason to believe I have anything else besides IBS. 

Damn this IBS nonsense - it tricks me into believing there's something more sinister that lurks in my digestive cave.

Anyways, I've been obsessively attentive of my poop lately.  Since that's the stuff that travels within my human tunnel system I always hope that despite my internal aches and pains and burns and whatnot, my poop will look "normal."

After a few months of endless super soft serve ice cream consistency, recently it has been noticably thin.  Maybe that's a good thing, but back in the day when eating a bag of tortillas and a large pizza my poop's diameter was much bigger - but my diet was so bad for so long that I keep thinking that that diameter is more normal.  But now it's like the diameter of a Sharpee marker.  It hasn't ever been "pencil thin" yet, but I'm getting paranoid that one day I will start having pencil poop.

I'm scared of sharpee marker poop already - who knows how emotionally messed up I'll get if I ever see pencil poop.

Anyways, for any of you IBS sufferers, I'd love to know, if you're willing to share, how your poop has been looking.

...unless I'm the ONLY person in here dealing with poop issues.  If so, then that will throw me into another paranoid state thinking that I'm the only one dealing with these issues....and that would feel so lonely.

Oh, and are you dealing with any digestive-related symptoms as well?
I'm currently dealing with a weird upper left quadrant discomfort, front and back, pelvic region feelings like testicle or prostate or bladder or urine tract discomfort from time to time, AND I've been paranoid about a weak urine stream. 

I fear I have cancer somewhere, and it's ready to spit it in my face!!!!!!!

OH YEAH - any of you deal with frequent canker sores in the mouth constistently like a few at a time every month?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tell me about your poop
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:33:19 PM »
Huh, uh.. It's soft, I guess. A normal light brown tone, longish, sometimes it floats. A few weeks ago I remember seeing black spots in it and worried but they're gone now. It's large, at least for me. Probably about the width of my thumb? My IBS has gotten better lately though. I still have it but it's not as bad as it was a month ago.

There's not much info on what cancerous feces looks like but I think it's really long and thin. It looks weird.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
Can you please tell me what your hem symptoms are/were? I'm a 26 year old female who is truly not able to function and haven't been able for over a year do to intermittent bright red small steak of blood on stool. I have had 4 back to back pregnancies and 4 vagibal deliveries. I have a scope next Monday. My anxiety is terrible over this.
About the stool size I have always worried about mine. When I eat a high fiber diet or flax seed my stools are thinner. Not pencil thin but mate quarter sized diameter. I have had pencil thin stools that collect at the bottom of the toilet. There will be so many of then and they are short about 3 inches in length. It always clears up the next day. It like it was quit transit or something. Happens with fiber. No fiber crappy diet means huge very wide hard dark stools. I actually went as far and posted a picture of my stool on the hypochondria board. Everyone says the diameter is normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline krystlekouture

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the Sharpie marker size or even pencil thin size. I think anxiety makes gut tummy more sensitive when its time to go.

You Feel like you have to when there's just a little there because your gut nerves are so over sensitized.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: