Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: facial numbness amnd tingling - ongoing  (Read 252 times)

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
facial numbness amnd tingling - ongoing
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:01 AM »
hi

i know facial numbness, pins and needles and tingling can be caused by migraines (and I've recently had a clear MRI scan so i know it's not a tumour etc) but does anyone else experience this kind of sensation for days on end?

I have no headache and I have lots of other sensory stuff with my face but the past week I've experienced a numb sensation (not true numbness) in a specific area - above lip, nose and on right cheek..

anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Online 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: facial numbness amnd tingling - ongoing
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
I get this sensation when my tmj is bad. For me, it's from clenching my teeth at night - this puts stress on the facial muscles which causes them to spasm.
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:32:31 AM »
I have this occasionally. I also had a brain mri. I have chiari malformation which was the doctor's explanation but I ony reloy have it when my anxiety is super high. If you have been really stressed out, thwt can cause it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:35:33 AM »
er... what's chiari malformation (scared to ask) and does it show up on a brainscan?
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:23:55 AM »
Its jut a herniation of the tonsils of the brain out of the skull. Nothing serious. Yes it does show up. I always get tingling on my face when I am overly anxious. Yours is the same. :) if nothing showed on your brain scan then you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Online mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
This sounds like what I have!  It started in October and STILL continues.  It's across my nose and mostly on the right upper cheek (although sometimes it goes to the left).  Sometimes it feels like pressure, and other times like there are little bugs crawling under the skin.  Never a "pins and needles" feeling or numbness, but pressure/tingling.

I haven't had an MRI, but I did have a sinus CT scan that came up perfectly clear.  I've had an eye exam, ENT exam, GP exam, and dental exam and not one of them found a thing wrong...in fact NONE of them thought I should even see a neurologist as there are no other symptoms. 

There diagnosis ranged from chronic sinus pressure(not sure how that's possible with a clear sinus scan) to anxiety to TMJ.  They've all said a brain MRI would show nothing wrong and would be a waste of money for me.

But yes, it is a daily thing...the intensity fluctuates throughout the day-better in the morning and night, but worse mid-day.  Perhaps it's due to stress at that time?  But SOOOO annoying!  And frustrating to not have an answer.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: