Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm definitely dying  (Read 443 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I'm definitely dying
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »
I feel dizziness still a dam month since I drank heavily. There's no way just no way it's from that or anxiety. My ENT swore when I saw him 16 days ago it was from anxiety and not a brain tumor. My regular doctor too looked at my nerve in my eye . Said it's fine. Dizzy off balance feeling seems to be worse in evening I have been in morning for a bit since stopping prozac. The eye twitching stopped. I have heavy feeling in right side of face though. I pass all neurogolical tests I can not figure it out. One month of this just isn't right. There's no way not possible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm definitely dying
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
You are NOT dying!  This is sad, you must know deep down that the doctors are right, but somehow you can't get yourself to believe that.  Maybe you'll actually believe it if you realize that a doctor will over test for things because of the high incidences of malpractice suits.  Doctors don't want to take ANY kind of chance.  He must be REALLY sure you don' t have a brain tumor because no doctor would tell a patient that unless he was 100%.
If you stopped Prozac THAT may be why you are so worried and focused on this.   If you can you should get some Xanax.  My mother always says, "Xanax won't LET you worry"  and that is SO true!!  When do you see that doctor again who prescribed the Prozac? See him as soon as possible.   Another good med is Buspar.  That's the one my daughter is on and it seems to be really good.  (I like Xanax because it's only "as needed")
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »
This is awful I just got a horrendous dizzy spell while eating pizza here on fishing trip had to go upstairs and lay down and near panic took a Xanax since I have been on them for a long time too. There has to be some physical cause for this dizziness especially out of no where
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
There is a cause!  It's called anxiety!!

You don't have to live like this!  You need to treat it!  You've made so many changes…that it's no wonder you're body is all out of whack. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »
I feel sorry for a lot of you that have tried to help me and you know who you are. I wish I can change. I'm just terrified I don't like this off balance sensation
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
OK then, did the doctor suggest anything like Meniere's disease?  (disorder of the middle ear)?   But again, I don't see how you could pass balance tests if it were your inner ear. 
How long have you been off the Prozac? Does the doctor think it can be that?
Like I said before, I've had that feeling for years.   Many times it would be horrible in church and in meetings.  I went to a Habitat for Humanity meeting in 2009 and I thought I was going to fall off the chair!  It was horrible.  When my daughter was getting her confirmation (wow that was in 2002! I guess I've had problems longer than I thought!) I recall sitting in church and trying to act like NOTHING was wrong and silently praying I wouldn't embarrass myself and my daughter - by falling or stumbling or having to walk out in the middle of mass!
Oh!  Another thing you COULD have is a problem with vestibular nuerenitis (can't spell it) another benign condition.  that is what my mom has! But come to think of it, you sound more like having the problem I have rather than her, her first attack was extreme vertigo, then subsequent attacks weren't as bad and she gets lightheaded and feels like she's on a very slow boat. 
Are you with someone there? Have you spoken to them about your worries?
It's hard to get it out of your mind when it is constantly "in your face" like that.  Is there anything you do that when you do it you don't FEEL that off balance feeling?  If so, if you do that for a while it may give your body/mind a break.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:40:51 PM »
I mean can I like be diabetic and dying , a brain tumor those are what I'm thinking right now . I can't be having all mini panic attacks during the day causing the dizzy spell. Do you think if it was Menieres my ENT would have saw that? Why would he say no brain tumor causing dizziness just from audiogram and reflex ear canal tests. I'm sure he knows what he is doing but I am over worried
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
Have you asked for an MRI if that would help your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline noella6

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
Hey there Valley, you don't have to be constantly 'panicking' to experience the effects of anxiety. After a while the symptoms become sort of automatic, like they're unconsciously triggered regardless what we do or how good we feel.

You ever hear someone say "but i was feeling great, i was just walking around town and then BAM, panic or tremors set in"?

It scares us exactly because it often works against a pattern, because it is unpredictable.

An anxiety symptom CAN continue without stopping for months on end, trust me, I've been there with joint pain, breathing issues, weird sensations, odd burns and sensations in my arms......

Most of our anxiety is residual - which means it is already stored up in our bodies, so can take a long time to play out.

Hope it helps a bit. I am also dizzy with head pressure this week  :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share
"Giants exist to deceive, they retreat if they're clearly perceived"

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
I feel sorry for a lot of you that have tried to help me and you know who you are. I wish I can change. I'm just terrified I don't like this off balance sensation

You CAN change…you CAN do this!!!  You have the power and the control.  I know it doesn't feel like it, but you do.  It's a long road and hard work but you can do this.  I believe in you!!  I believe in you because I believe in me and I used to be exactly like you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 08:56:58 PM »
I mean can I like be diabetic and dying , a brain tumor those are what I'm thinking right now . I can't be having all mini panic attacks during the day causing the dizzy spell. Do you think if it was Menieres my ENT would have saw that? Why would he say no brain tumor causing dizziness just from audiogram and reflex ear canal tests. I'm sure he knows what he is doing but I am over worried

My husband is diabetic.  There is no dizziness associated with that (it's frequent urination, EXTREME thirst and when your sugar is high you are very fatigued).  I would guess the ENT would have brought Menieres up if he thought it sounded like that, but I guess he didn't.   Same with a brain tumor - he's not going to say you don't have one if he even had a 1% thought that you did. How about seeing a neurologist if you think you'd believe HIM more? Your problem is you need to be convinced.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dthedaydreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »
Hey Valley,

Im feeling almost exactly like you are right now friend. Im convinced that I have cancer or something that just isn't right. While I haven't had any specific tests done, my doctor doesn't really think that anything is really wrong. I feel just as lost as you, so you are not alone. I wish I could do or say something to make BOTH of us feel better. All I can do is say hold on and fight for YOURSELF! Fight and never give up!!
Bookmark and Share
In mental illness, we are not alone. Speak and you shall be heard.

Peace, Love, and Prosperity to all :)

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »
Even if a neurologist told me I was fine I would feel good for a half hour then back to the worry. ENT specialize in seeing dizzy patients so this guy has to be right I need to stop doubting . It's when I feel pretty good in the morning and then later on I'll get a panic and dizzy feelin not sure which occurs first.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 09:18:51 PM »
Even if a neurologist told me I was fine I would feel good for a half hour then back to the worry. ENT specialize in seeing dizzy patients so this guy has to be right I need to stop doubting . It's when I feel pretty good in the morning and then later on I'll get a panic and dizzy feelin not sure which occurs first.

That is telling that you say if an neurologist said you were fine, you'd feel better and then worry about. That's textbook anxiety right there. I have had days where I felt really dizzy from anxiety... like room spinning and felt nauseous. I would close my eyes and lay down for a few hours just to feel better. You're not dying!  ;D
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
I get an uneven feeling with my anxiety. Sometimes daily, you learn to accept it and it doesn't set off your anxiety so much.  How many times have you had that feeling?  Have you ever fainted or fell down during an episode?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: