Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone ever had these symptoms?  (Read 137 times)

Offline noella6

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone ever had these symptoms?
« on: April 01, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »
Been doing well for a while, but a lot of stress in my personal life recently knocked me off a bit.

So this is what's happening at the moment:
I woke from a nap the other evening after falling asleep with my head against the wall, reading. Went into bathroom and felt slightly unbalanced, like drunk for a moment. I panicked like crazy and it took a few hours to calm down, when the sensation backed off a bit.

Since then I've felt a bit woozy in my head, had very tense upper back and neck muscles (neck has been super achy) and have felt really worried and shaky.

It's 3 days later now and the sensation is one of a slight wooziness, like if i tip my head forward all the way or suddenly lie down on my side I feel a bit dizzy for a few seconds.
Other than that my head feels pressured from the inside, like it comes from the back of my head and seeps over the top.
Can function ok, but feel a bit overwhelmed by everything around me.

I think I've had sensations like this in the past, but so long ago I can't quite recall if it's the same thing. That used to be anxiety related.

For reference, I am otherwise healthy apart from sinus/allergy, have had recent eye checks and am 40 yrs old. I don't think this is sinus related as it comes from back of head and I've had sinus issues all my life.

I am worried it might be a brain tumor or cardiovascular issue! :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share
"Giants exist to deceive, they retreat if they're clearly perceived"

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone ever had these symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 07:21:27 PM »
Sounds like classic anxiety.  The off balance feeling is common if you wake up from a deep sleep.  Then you panicked and now the adrenaline and your HA is feeding the symptoms.

Sucks, doesn't it?  Just comes out of nowhere and nails you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline noella6

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone ever had these symptoms?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »
Thanks Soaring..
Not had anything like this after any kind of sleep before though, and i was only dozing...

Right now i can actually feel a slight 'pushing down' sensation on top of my skull, as if the muscles are clamping. I am almost tempted to think it's all tension/anxiety related - which isn't like me!
Bookmark and Share
"Giants exist to deceive, they retreat if they're clearly perceived"

Tags: