Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cymbalta for anxiety and depression  (Read 618 times)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cymbalta for anxiety and depression
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 06:07:17 PM »
Would you say Prozac is more activating that Cymbalta?

Yes. I'd classify Cymbalta as neutral, with about as many reporting sedation as stimulation. At high doses it tends to be more sedating as the norepinephrine reuptake inhibition increases.  However, this is all very much YMMV. The only way to know how Prozac will affect you is to try it. What affect has it had on your mom?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline WCS

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cymbalta for anxiety and depression
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 08:36:28 PM »
Mom likes to say she can take a "horse pill" and not have any side effects.  :-)  So far I've only taken the Prozac two days, and, like the Cymbalta did during the two days I took it, the Prozac seems to help with the depression and it feels a bit stimulating as well.  It seems weird that I'm responding to both meds immediately rather than the usual 2-4 weeks, but I was on SSRIs off-and-on for 18 years, so maybe I'm now highly responsive to them in some sense.  Hard to say.  So I'll take the Prozac for a few weeks, so how it works, and if I don't like it then I'll try the Cymbalta again.
Bookmark and Share