Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Buspar and Klonopin  (Read 296 times)

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Buspar and Klonopin
« on: April 01, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »
So I've Just begun taking klonopin as a temporary curver until my other meds (celexa 40mg and Vistaril 50 mg) kick in. So far so good, but a fee bashing side effects..now the buspar I have but have taken literally only like 4 doses bc it gave me mad dr/dp.I've been hearing so many good things about buspar I feel like I was hasty in quitting it. So my question is had anybody taken buspar, and or klonopin and what is your opinion on their effectiveness and side effects... thanks :-)
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Buspar and Klonopin
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »
I took buspar for 10 weeks.  I also had high hopes for it but I never felt any good effect.
So now I'm starting klonopin.  This med I can usually feel within 30 minutes.
But I'm starting at .25 mg and didn't feel anything today, so asking doc if we can do .5 mg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline abigailb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:50:44 AM »
I take Klonopin .25-.5mg as a PRN for my acute anxiety, in addition to 30mg Celexa. Haven't taken Buspar. With the Klonopin, I find a huge decrease in anxiety, but also a lessening of emotional ability ... if that makes sense. When I take it I don't feel feelings in the same way. They are subdued. I have also felt unmotivated when I've taken it, but it is a HUGE improvement over feeling terrible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »
Hi Curiouslywondering,

I agree with Abigailb,  IMHO Klonopin is vastly superior in controlling anxiety than Buspar - Hands down  :yes:

I have taken both - for years, and again in my humble opinion and experience, Buspar should be removed from the market, it not the same as the Benzodiazepines, not even in the same class.  Buspar is not a controlled substance, which is why Doctor's love to give them to everyone they can instead of the real stuff   ::)

By all means use Benzodiazepines such as Klonopin so you can stay on Celexa which is an excellent medication - for the 4-6 weeks that it will take to get the therapeutic levels your body will need.

I also noticed your dr. prescribed - Vistaril 50 mg (This medicine is an antihistamine.)- which like Buspar is not as effective the Benzodiazepines in controlling anxiety, but it will do a good job with your allergies and might make you drowsy. 

Keep us informed on your progress  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 09:36:48 AM »
Ok so an update..I am now taking 40mg celexa ,50mg Hydroxyzine, and I still have a few klonopin on the side. I do not take buspar anymore bc the side effects were to severe. So my symptoms and side effects now, ok so I still get dr/dp but very rarely almost never. I still get dizzy a lightheaded sometimes but the main thing I get sometimes is confusion idk why, but sometimes I just seem confused and nothing makes sense.I've seen incredible changes in the months that I've been on on medication, and some things have been the same, bc I'll sometimes everything comes back chip throttle and I feel like I'm back where I starred sigh, all in all I'll rate my progress about 70/30 ..
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »
Good update  :happy0151:

Buspar has been dropped due to side effects....

How long have you been on the 40mg of Celexa?

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »
Does anyone take Klonopin by dissolving under the tongue.  I heard that works faster by entering the bloodstream.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 86
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »
Does anyone take Klonopin by dissolving under the tongue.  I heard that works faster by entering the bloodstream.

Yes, it works a few minutes faster, but taking benzodiazepines (BZDs) sublingually works better with the fast acting BZDs. One of them, from memory Xanax, comes in a disintegrating tablet form for that very purpose.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
I've been on 40mg about 1 and 1/2 months ...but not seeing any big changes, but hoping for the best, I seem to have so many setbacks ugh
Bookmark and Share

Tags: buspar klonopin