Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Exsistinial anxiety  (Read 228 times)

Offline Musicman400

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Exsistinial anxiety
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:03:44 AM »
Not sure how to start this off so just going to come out with it.  Through over thinking I was thinking some scary thoughts and one of them was constantly pondering what it would be like to live forever and if you would get bored of life and want to die but feel trapped.  From that, I began to feel trapped in life and I'm always anxious I would suddenly loose all understanding of reality and not understand everything around me, experience of life and this will cause me to freak out.   These thoughts have led me to freak about really badly, and it happens when I leave the house to start my day.   Life itself is giving me panic attacks and I don't know how to fix this. So embarrassed I feel this way, I sound crazy, I'm not going crazy am I?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Re: Exsistinial anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:24 AM »
First let me just say with no intended offense, but buddy you are just too smart for your own good :-) I don't believe that you're going crazy,I just think that your inquisitive mind has taken on a life of its own through your anxiety. You've begun to delve into the depths of your mind and your anxiety literally takes a magnifying glass to those thoughts and skews them. My advice is to talk with your pdoc and or therapist and learn ways to understand your thinking processes and how to manage them and not delve to far into things. Also just keep reminding yourself that it's just anxiety, that is not reality, your here I this moment in the flesh, you're alive and the future will happen off is own.. Call down , meditate abd reflect on that...

Peace and blessings
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline Billiam

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
My friend my friend! I just had my first session yesterday! My therapist said this is exactly what I have! I told her(honestly) all my thoughts and she looked me in my face and gave me a warm smile and said " your not going crazy" what a relief! She explained it to me which took 80% of the fear away! And also said it can be beat! Pm me if you want and I'll keep you updated on future sessions!
Bookmark and Share

Offline electric_monk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
Musicman, I feel ya. I've recently had some similar existential angst, although maybe not to the degree you're describing. You sound like a pretty smart person who is thinking deeply about your existence, but (like others on this board) your feelings are often greatly magnified by the anxiety. I would say that people with anxiety often feel things much more deeply than others, so even normal thoughts are easily blown out of proportion. If nothing else, just know that you're not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
The same thoughts get to me too, in times of worst panic, I will think over my fear of existence, ponder the meaning of life, fear of death. But this fear really comes down to feeling lost about life, unmotivated, uncertain, and directionless about your future, it all stems from depression.

Best advice I read on another forum, just tell those thoughts to "fck off" and go on with your day. Anxiety is not thinking straight, in fact, it isn't thinking at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Musicman400

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »
'just tell those thoughts to "fck off"   '    lmfao I'm gonna try that one !
Bookmark and Share

Tags: existential