Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Random foot pain: Anyone else get it  (Read 126 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Random foot pain: Anyone else get it
« on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
I've had a persstent pain in the ball of my right foot for at least 3 weeks now. I always suffered from pain in that foot but it's never been like this.

It happens on and off instead of being in pain constantly. It only hurts to walk on it, it doesn't hurt when it's not on the floor. I first noticed pain a little over a month ago but I assumed I was standing too much. I have since stopped excessively exercising so I'm back to not standing most of the time, yet my foot still feels like I've been walking all day. There's no sign of damage, no apparent swelling. I can be in bed all day but I touch the floor and it hurts to walk; sometimes I'm practically limping.

I thought it was an infection so I put alcohol on it for a few days. Nothing changed so I thought it was dry skin but lotion has no effect either. I'm starting to wonder if this could be stress related. I've gotten pains in my finger cuticles, random sharp pains in my body, and tension headaches apparently due to stress so I'm pretty sure the body can react pretty much anyway when stressed. I'm avoiding my brains natural inclination to assume this is a sign I have some sort of cancer in my body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Random foot pain: Anyone else get it
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:02:11 AM »
I don't know if it's the same thing but I had that for MONTHS!  No idea how old you are but I was blaming it on "the aches and pains of menopause".  (I guess it wasn't, it's been gone now for about 2 years), but if I was on my feet for hours (walking or what have you) it would be so bad (right in the ball behind the big toe mostly) that I'd be limping!  I even bought some real expensive sneakers!  Does it hurt when you press on it? Mine did.  Or when I'd get up in the morning and stepped on it, it would hurt.   I guess it probably could be a stretched tendon or something.  I didn't do anything special to make it go away, it just went away on its own. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »
I'm way too young for menopause, though I do have menstruation problems. I've only had one period since last spring and my doctor suspects PCOS but I haven't gotten examed yet.

I do have arthritis but I don't know if it's related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:43:51 PM »
Hey blueberry funny how I came across this post since I just came from the foot Dr. Today lol. Do you wear heels or tight shoes. May be a bunion or plantar fascist is or pulled or strained tendons or even a hairline fracture.  Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »
I'm way too young for menopause, though I do have menstruation problems. I've only had one period since last spring and my doctor suspects PCOS but I haven't gotten examed yet.

I do have arthritis but I don't know if it's related.

No, I'm not saying yours is that, that's what I THOUGHT mine was, but realized it must have just been a strained tendon or something since it went away.
Bookmark and Share

Online Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »
i have ball of foot pain too.  Mine is related to my low back disc problems.

Other reasons can be uneven pressure as you walk, high heels, ill fitting shoes. 

I went to the Dr. Scholl's foot map machine and got a pair of orthotics that helped some. 

My pain went away for a few months, then came back.  Of course I have back, hip problems that attribute to it.
If you go to the Dr.School's sight, they have that exact issue that must be a problem for others too.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 07:12:23 PM »
I've been at home a lot so I'm not really wearing shoes. I only wear flats anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: