Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Muscle/body aches after a cold/flu  (Read 153 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Muscle/body aches after a cold/flu
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »
hi there.

I am having a sort of muscle aches on my around my neck, both arms, back and legs like a sudden shooting pain and i just had a cold with flu and right now i was feeling a bit better from the flu. Is it really possible that our muscles aches during or after cold/flu?

Here's one thing. I am convincing myself that the pain was caused by the medication called "Strepsils" it is a candy like medicine for sore throat and that medicine also contains 1.2mg alcohol (i forgot the exact name of the alcohol) and been convincing myself that it's a freaking symptom of Hodgkin's lymphoma!! I am really terrified right now! God, why could this happen to me?! I don't want to have a C at this age of 20s! I feel sorry for my mom if that ever happen to me! I will never ever going to achieve my goals if that happens to me!

Or could it be i am just tensing my body from muscle tension that caused by anxiety/stress or during a anxious situation??

Really terrified.
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Muscle/body aches after a cold/flu
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
First of all, cold and flu both are highly capable of causing body aches. Especially the flu. The flu can cause EXTREME ache.

When you sprinkle flu aches with anxiety tension, a whole world of discomfort opens up.

This is not lymphoma at all. Alcohol only makes lymph nodes hurt in that case, and that's actually rare.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:09 PM »
Hi there. I hope you are right

It's weird because i was drinking beer frequently way back the half of february and occasionally on march and never had such "body aches" at all.
I hope this is all just caused by the flu/cold mixed with anxiety tension..

I can't imagine myself being diagnosed with C and consuming all of our resources for my treatment and i love my mom she's the only only i have and i wanted to help her someday when i finish college. Oh how hard life is
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:20 AM »
Hi there. I hope you are right

It's weird because i was drinking beer frequently way back the half of february and occasionally on march and never had such "body aches" at all.
I hope this is all just caused by the flu/cold mixed with anxiety tension..

I can't imagine myself being diagnosed with C and consuming all of our resources for my treatment and i love my mom she's the only only i have and i wanted to help her someday when i finish college. Oh how hard life is
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
And now my left shoulder were like strained! Caused by too much stress and anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: