Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I'm Schizophrenic. Please Reply.  (Read 116 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I'm Schizophrenic. Please Reply.
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
I am very afraid that I'm Schizophrenic and no matter what I do, I can't shake it.  I question every single thing I hear, and earlier in the shower I kept thinking I hear my dad say my name and had the urge to check, even though I knew he wasn't saying it.  My ears are constantly ringing and sometimes there will be noises that I hear and my mom can't.  For example I heard a bird chirping earlier and asked my mom and she said she didn't hear it.  My days are emotional roller coasters and I would almost rather just be diagnosed with the freaking disorder than have to sit here and worry about it all day.  If I hear something outside I'll ask my mom if she heard and then I'll keep playing the sound over and over in my head.  I don't know if Schizophrenics can hear sounds or do they hear noises as well.  This fear is effecting every part of my life all the time. 
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm Schizophrenic. Please Reply.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:12:04 PM »
IF you were schizophrenic, you wouldn't be worried about it.  It's your anxiety.  The more we focus on something, we manifest it.  I don't mean the disease, I mean the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm Schizophrenic. Please Reply.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »
None of what you described = schizophrenia. Thinking you hear a bird chirping or someone calling your name has nothing to do with this disease.

You really need to seek rigorous care for this fear. Get an emergency appointment with your therapist or doctor and explain it to them. Posting over and over and being told over and over that it's not schizophrenia on these boards isn't doing you any favors.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: