Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone here know anything about GERD OR LPR  (Read 187 times)

Offline Tnfarmgirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone here know anything about GERD OR LPR
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »
Does anyone know if a person can haveboth ....I am very confused aboutsymptoms..I have NEVER has relux like I am having until I took Prilosec for five days for mild 5gastritis and skipped a day...OMG, I was riding in the car and had the worst heart burn ever..thought I was having a heart attack, I regurgitated a large amount of stomach acid when I set me seat up...since then I have had a cough, lump in throat, sore throat,I feel like food is getting stuck ( that comes and goes)..and tons of mucus on just one side. Saw my Dr today and she wants me to increase the prilosec to 40 mg a day...and she toldme that she would think I had LPR but the night time reflux means it is GERD?????? This time last week I had none of this, oh..the occasional heart burn and very frequent belching but nothing like this..and of course i am now concerned i have a tumor in my esophagus. Please give me your opinion...Much thanks,MARY LEE
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone here know anything about GERD OR LPR
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:10 PM »
Rebound heartburn is really common after using Prilosec.  It works by turning off the pumps in your stomach that produce acid.  If you suddenly turn them all on at the same time, you get rebound heartburn.

All of your symptoms are consistent with GERD.  I did a 14 day trial, got control of my anxiety and feel much, much better.  Anxiety and GERD go hand in hand and often cause coincidental symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tnfarmgirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone here know anything about GERD OR LPR
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:40:10 AM »
Thank you so much
Bookmark and Share

Tags: