Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: QUESTIONS FOR THE LADIES!!!  (Read 176 times)

Offline shershmiller

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
QUESTIONS FOR THE LADIES!!!
« on: March 31, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »
Ok so I've been doing SO good with my anxiety I've been so happy and carefree like I used to be a couple months ago before my anxiety attacks all begun. Ive finally started looking forward to things again and overall just feel like me again.

UNTIL I got my period Saturday morning. Starting Friday night and still happening today, I've been having random breakdowns about absolutely nothing!! Ill just start bawling like a crazy person! And my mind will just race and ill think so negatively. Im worried about everything again and about my health. Its freaking crazy!!! Does your period heighten all of your moods and emotions and thoughts?!

Im so sad and mad and frustrated and disappointed (the list goes on) because Ive been doing so well:( I just want some reassurance that maybe it actually is your period that contributes to these feelings. I don't want to cry anymore because I'm so focused on getting myself better!

I do have my first session with a counsellor tomorrow which is good timing I guess but I would still like to talk to some of you with whats going on!

Any replies are very much appreciated!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: QUESTIONS FOR THE LADIES!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
Absolutely. Before I got my anxiety under control with medication, I would notice an increase in anxious symptoms (fast heartbeat, no appetite, nausea, etc) a few days before my period. I don't notice anything anymore now that I've been on meds for ~5 months. I did a lot of research about it and found that many women have reported the same thing.

Make sure to bring it up with your counselor tomorrow. Perhaps he/she will have some tips on how to ride through the monthly heightened anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kheim3

• Hello darlings
    • Poke This Member
Re: QUESTIONS FOR THE LADIES!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
I definitely notice that my mood fluctuates with my cycle. For me it can get either better or worse, but usually worse.  I tend to get really snippy and mean around that time, which is usually how I know it's coming.  I hope things get better for you when it's over.  If you're on medication I know SSRI's are supposed to help with PMDD as well, so that might help eventually...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: