Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello all... Wouldn't wish this on anyone.  (Read 79 times)

Offline Joshin

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?
    • Poke This Member
Hello all... Wouldn't wish this on anyone.
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »
Hey everyone my name is Josh and I'm 28. I've had issues for most of my adult life. I tend to over think everything and it had made my life very difficult. Most of my time (outside of working at my crappy job) is spent distracting myself with gaming and chatting online. I've never had a girlfriend and I had to drop out of university because my anxiety war so bad I thought I eat going to pass out right on class.

I have very few friends in real life but online, I am the part opposite. I am basically a social butterfly. I have tried about 3 different anxiety meds but none of them worked long term. I notice I go through cycles that follow this pattern.

1. Long period of stagnant, blissful distraction.
2. Become uncharacteristically optimistic for a week or so.
3. Overwhelmed with anxiety when thinking about what I need to change to improve my life.
4. Deep depression for weeks.
 Then it starts over. I always get fooled by the optimism into thinking everything will change if I stay positive and then BOOM crippling depression. It feels like life is playing with me sometimes.

It helps to know that I am not the only one who understands this helpless feeling although I wish no one else had to. If anyone needs someone to talk with or just wants a new friend, I can add you on Steam or *****. Just send me a PM. Stay strong everyone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello all... Wouldn't wish this on anyone.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: