Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OCD with HA  (Read 205 times)

Offline hijikata

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
OCD with HA
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »
I've actually never posted in this section of the site before as I am a big health anxiety sufferer. However several years ago I was told that my HA is really OCD and I'm really starting to see why. I have constant thoughts about symptoms and I just can't shut them off to the point where I know most of the symptoms are now in my head and my constant thoughts are amplifying and creating them. It's really beginning to frustrate me and I get angry quite easy because the thoughts are so intrusive and hard to shut off. I just want to have a day, a week, preferably the rest of my life where I wasn't constantly fighting my own thoughts.

I can see that it probably started when I was younger because back then, although it was nowhere near as bad, when I had a thought or If I had asked a yes or no answer for example, I literally couldn't rest until I knew the answer... If that makes sense.

All in all, this is more of a rant because these past two months have been shockers for the OCD, especially when no one around you understands how hard it is to function when your mind is split between what you are obsessing over and everyday life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: OCD with HA
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »
I know what you mean, I have thus fear that I'm Schizophrenic or Bipolar.  I'm constantly bringing myself down when I'm happy and searching for the source of a sound.  I was in the bathroom at school earlier doing my business.  While I was doing so a kid came in mumble singing a song very quietly and hard to understand.  I started freaking out thinking I was hallucinating.  So, I quickly finished up and came out of the stall to make sure it was just him singing.  It was and promptly went back to business but non the less it left me a little bit shaken and worked up.  I think it's so dumb why can't I just forget about slow my mind down and forger about it.  But it is literally like impossible for me to do. 
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Alexk1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:24:07 PM »
Decker...u sound just like me...rest assured from what u say and talk about ur not skitzo ur worried to much and way to aware of your sorroundings. If this was any other time you wouldn't pay these things any mind. You have to fight it, no matter how tempting it is to check if the source of the sound is there or not you just have to resist. Eventually it will die down and you will not be as tempted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:42 PM »
It's just so freaking scary, sometimes I think I'm causing myself to "hear" voices.  I was in the shower earlier, and it was like my dad kept yelling my name.  But I knew he wasn't but I just had this urge to get out and check anyways.  It was all I could think about, but it went away, now I'm starting to think I'm Schizophrenic because I have a stone face.  So to say very emotionless not doing much, and I keep hearing a high pitched chirp type noise that my mom isn't hearing.  It's starting to worry me a lot I don't know how to handle this.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Alexk1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »
If your constantly down and worried your gonna be depressed and that can also lead you to be stone faced and emotionless and dull. The hearing stuff, I went through it, and still go through it. Reality is there's a bunch of small noise around us the thing is that we tend to normally block it out. When we are hyper observant we will notice these noises. Have you read up about tinsutis (not sure of spelling ) it describes some noises that we can normally hear that are not actually externally produced. Once again though you are not skitzo and no doc in the world would label you one based on your information.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: