Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling anxious again.  (Read 88 times)

Offline anxiousbrian

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling anxious again.
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:10:03 AM »
I have been on Fluoxetine 20mg for 2 months.It was hard at first and made me feel worse.I took the odd diazapan 2mg when i felt i needed it.
I have recently started to feel normal again and thought i was getting better.But i now am getting the same anxious and shaky feelings again.
I broke a couple of fingers at work two weeks ago and have not been able to do much.This did not make me annxious at the time but maybe it is getting to me now.I have started taking a diazapan a couple of tmes a day,which i dont like doing.
I am scared i get bad again. Do i need to up my med dose?
Any advice would be great,thanks
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling anxious again.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:33:49 AM »
I would see no reason why you have to up your medication dose. That would just be a choice. You could try and learn a few ways to deal with the anxiety. Medication is only part of the answer. Therapy is another part of the same answer. And the hardest part is the work we have to put in ourselves. Not sure if you ever learned any relaxation methods or how to breathe in the correct way. To help calm you down. You tube has loads of videos to watch and learn from. It is never easy to begin with. We can watch these videos but forget everything in them when anxiety kicks in. It does take time to learn. If you up the dose and you still feel anxious what then? Do we up the dose again? I would look for alternative answers first. Learn from them. Practice every day. Get used to using the new methods. See can you do things that way. Whilst sticking to the dose you are on now.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: