Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: IM AN IDIOT! Googled Pancreatic Cancer and Freaking Myself Out  (Read 357 times)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
 :spineyes:  i know better, but tthere's a part of my brain that says, "I'm a big girl...I can take it.".  I'm in my 40's and have fibromyalgia, so it's not unusual for me to get odd symptoms.  For almost a year now I've been feeling some discomfort after eating and a ffeeling of fullness under my left rib cage.  I went to the PC survivors website and for the most part, I didn't see myself in any of their stories, except one of them who said she'd noticed that she felt uncomfortable after even a small meal.  I had full blood panel in February and everything was perfect..but I saw another survivor who had also had normal blood tests.  IIt's such an insidious disease that it makes me want to demand a CT of my pancreas, but my doctor's office already thinks I'm bonkers.  On the bright side, I do not have any of the so-called warning signs, but just like ovarian ca, there really aren't any.  Does anyone else experience occasional discomfort under left rib cage (esp after a meal) ?  Please be gentle with your replies... I'm about to launch into full-on anxiety mode.  Hugs
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Dragi316

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: IM AN IDIOT! Googled Pancreatic Cancer and Freaking Myself Out
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
Ive also been obsessed with the fear of PC now for over 2 months mostly because ive had some stomach pains and itchiness. And for the past week ive had a tight dull pain from my left rib to my back so I am freaking out myself. Even though im only 30 ive hurd rare cases of it happening that young. I feel for you because I know the fear to well
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:10:22 AM »
Well, let's try to keep each other calm lol.  I know there's something called the splenic flexture located under the left rib cage, and its common for gas to be trapped there and cause fullness / pressure.  I'm trying to focus on that.  Praying for us both.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Dragi316

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »
Thanks I will pray for us too huggs your way
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
Hope your heads in a better place today; seems like my days off are worse bc I have more time to think. Be well
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »
Pancreatic cancer is something that rarely happens in people under 60/70 - mild discomfort after a meal is so common, could be anything from gas to heartburn. Definitely have no need to worry  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
I remember I have worried about abdomen related cancers for a while now, maybe 2 months. My original worry was ovarian cancer but it soon warped to bladder or colon cancer. I had a UTI recently, which is a reason I began worrying, but I have no urine issues so that barely comes to mind... But colon cancer? Pfft, it's an itching worry. My doctor gave me Zantac so he probably thinks I have IBS, but that doesn't help my worries because IBS is basically a diagnosis saying they're unsure what's up. I once read an article about a 17 year old girl who died because her doctors misdiagnosed her colon cancer as IBS, even after many visits to the ER. That made me vivid.

I remember I once thought I had stage 3 colon or ovarian cancer that had spread to my head. This is despite me having no issues 4 months ago.  I have since been telling myself my stomach is fine. My bloating and discomfort after eating is not a cancer. These stomach issues started the week I had my intense panic freak out, which spurred my other issues. Zantac did help my horrible gurgling so that's a nice sign.

Keep yourself calm. Analyze your symptoms just in case but if you seem normal and your doctors think you're fine, you probably are. Worrying will only make your symptoms worse and keep them coming.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
Thanks for ur help guys
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tnfarmgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
I can help with this because I have been where you are....my doctor told me that our stomachs are on the left side of our bodies and that pain in that area is from gastritis...pancreatic cancer was my fear last week too, I saw my doc today and she again said the pain on the left is gastritis..hope that helps some...
Bookmark and Share

Offline HeatherJoy11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
OK, I want to give you info without freaking you out about it as well....if you have had pain for a year, it's not pancreatic cancer. Like your doctor said, it's more likely to be gastritis and also splenic flexure if on the left side. I have a lot of stomach issues, including spleen issues and colon issues and have pains all the time.

My husband and I have a friend who passed away from pancreatic cancer last Thursday. He was diagnosed Sept 2013. His first symptoms were weight loss (like 15-20 lbs without trying) and jaundice. And then he had pain - but the pain increased as the tumor grew and was not the first symptom. They did a CT scan and didn't find the cancer until they did a sonogram. He was 6'3" and went from 250 lbs to skin and bones in 6 months.

You would NOT be having pain for a year - it is not a slow disease. You would have a lot of other things going on....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: