Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I keep getting awful headaches... Due to stress?  (Read 165 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I keep getting awful headaches... Due to stress?
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »
They're not mind numbingly awful ones but still pain. I'd say a 6, maybe 7, out of 10. I never got them until early to mid February and they've changed. Originally they were probably tension headaches but as I began relaxing they went away.. Only to come back four days ago, but as spasms in my temple or a sharp, quick pain in the front or back of my head occupanied by a mild pressure. No vision problems, occasionally my tinnitus gets louder than usual, no dizziness.. Just a headache.

It occurs due to every little thing. Watching a sad show? Headache. Playing a game and stuck at a part? Headache. Just now I was playing Mario and I had to stop because I got this ache.

I doubt it's a tumor and I'm mildly worried it's something else. But realistically it is just stress related. I hate this - I've always been a stressful person but it never caused me physical pains, only anxiety and sadness - but I don't know how to cure it. I can't feel perky 24/7 so if this is due to any sort of stress..

My doctor isn't any help. He just told me to calm down last time I visited him complaining about a dozen symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I keep getting awful headaches... Due to stress?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »
These are know as Ice Pick headaches, they most of the time are caused by stress and anxiety and are pretty common, especially on this forum. The most of the time are a primary headache, meaning they aren't being caused by anything serious. I get them for about two week stretches it seems like, they are quick stabs of pain, I would rate mine at about 4-5 but I get a lot of headaches so I'm more used to them. Mine seem to happen with stress and after I've been on an advil regimen for awhile.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »
Ice pick headache, huh? I just searched them now... I can't say I'm too stressed lately - at least not compared to last month - but I'm worse off than last week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrsJesG

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:24:50 PM »
I've been experiencing the same types of headaches. First they were just tension headaches, but recently it started with the sharp pain in my temple area. It freaks me out! I've mentioned it to my doctors, but they say it's due to stress. I hope so...it's not hard for me to assume the worst. I'm sure I drive my husband crazy with my constant worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:04 PM »
Mrs JesG that's how mine started
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 09:42:19 PM »
My tension headaches came back. I think I prefer icepick.. They hurt more but they're much shorter, don't cause an itchy scalp, and don't feel like you have tight cornrows.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: