Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it common to be in fear of Schizophrenia onset?  (Read 126 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it common to be in fear of Schizophrenia onset?
« on: March 30, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
I keep thinking I have Schizophrenia no matter what I do I analyze every single thing I hear.  I've been kind of emotionless lately and stumbling over my words.  Is this common or do I have Schizophrenia?
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it common to be in fear of Schizophrenia onset?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 02:26:46 AM »
i spent seven month of my life obsessing over developing schizophrenia. it was one of the worst fears of my life. i was so obsessed with it that i even "developed" the symptoms of it - i had a ton of paranoid "delusional" thoughts that i was terrified i might start REALLY believing, and i was constantly on guard waiting to start hallucinating or hearing voices. i started having weird existential crises, wondering what the meaning of life was and whether or not i was even real or if anyone around me was real. these thoughts threw me into a panic because "oh my god this is how a schizophrenic thinks! i definitely have it!"

over a year later, i STILL don't have schizophrenia. i wasted an incredible amount of time worrying over this mental disorder. i would look up schizophrenia every single day, sometimes googling for hours on end. so much wasted time. the entire time it was my OCD throwing fancy tricks at me trying to convince me that i was becoming psychotic. it never happened. i never had a single psychotic episode during that entire time. all those weird thoughts i was scared were delusions? they weren't. if you were becoming delusional, you wouldn't be on a hypochondria forum asking if your fears were silly - you would WHOLEHEARTEDLY believe them, without a DOUBT in your mind. one time my anxiety suddenly threw a thought at me that i was scared was psychosis (i won't go into detail since i don't want to put irrational worries in your head but it was something i read on a schizophrenia forum during my googling sprees); but the thing is, if you're questioning whether or not you really believe that weird thought, you don't. people with schizophrenia don't question whether or not their delusions are real. they believe them as wholeheartedly as you believe your name is your name. there is no mistaking it.

if this helps you, try and remember that anxiety and psychosis are on totally different fields in the brain. OCD and anxiety don't just suddenly turn into schizophrenia out of the blue. neurosis doesn't randomly become psychosis.

please, PLEASE try and shake this fear while you can. don't be like me, spending seven months obsessing over this. it was a horrible period in my life and i wouldn't wish that on anyone. you don't have schizophrenia - you have anxiety, which can convince you of just about anything scary. if you need extra help with this fear, please PM me, i've been there and i know what this fear feels like so well. but guess what? i finally got through it. and you will too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it common to be in fear of Schizophrenia onset?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
Thank you so so much, I feel like I'm having a freaking melt down it's driving me nuts.  As for the PM I'm not 18 so I can't PM yet.  You can add me on ***** deckeromega or email @himeskameron@*****
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Tags: